Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone tell me how to wire up led lights for the running boards on my 2013 Honda Ridgeline so they come on when I press the key fob. I know they should be hooked up to the dome light circuit, is there a wire I can get to with ease?

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to wire up led lights for the running boards on my 2013 Honda Ridgeline so they come on when I press the key fob. I know they should be hooked up to the dome light circuit, is there a wire I can get to with ease?
Sounds like a cool idea. Perimeter/approach lighting right where it should be. Although I've not attempted or considered running wires from that location to the light controller, its hard to imagine an "easy way" to get from there to the cab interior. If I were to attempt the job, I'd look at going toward the cab/bed wall where there are a couple of pathways to the interior. The downside with that idea, is getting to those pathways from inside - the upper back seat would likely need to be removed to do a proper wire route.

On the other hand, there's a loom grommet the engine compartment firewall, just above the brake booster that could be used. Wire from the passenger side to that location would probably be a bit of a challenge.

Once the wires are inside the cab, there's a few spots to pick up power from the MICU. Color codes for interior light locations can be found on page 22-192 of the Field Service Manual. Note: this is 06/08 FSM, there may be changes in later years.

InteriorLights.jpg

FYI: I recently finished a similar project. I chose to route wiring under the center console to the plug located behind the rear facing console air ducts. Discussed in this thread: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/6-exterior/128721-mirror-mounted-down-lights.html Didn't use FSM for color codes, rather, probed the termination with a DVM to find +/- DC powering the rear courtesy light (FSM terms this light "console box light 2") - you should be able to see those colors in the page above.

Best of luck and lets see some photos. Welcome to the ROC.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Sounds like a cool idea. Perimeter/approach lighting right where it should be. Although I've not attempted or considered running wires from that location to the light controller, its hard to imagine an "easy way" to get from there to the cab interior. If I were to attempt the job, I'd look at going toward the cab/bed wall where there are a couple of pathways to the interior. The downside with that idea, is getting to those pathways from inside - the upper back seat would likely need to be removed to do a proper wire route.

On the other hand, there's a loom grommet the engine compartment firewall, just above the brake booster that could be used. Wire from the passenger side to that location would probably be a bit of a challenge.

Once the wires are inside the cab, there's a few spots to pick up power from the MICU. Color codes for interior light locations can be found on page 22-192 of the Field Service Manual. Note: this is 06/08 FSM, there may be changes in later years.

View attachment 229257

FYI: I recently finished a similar project. I chose to route wiring under the center console to the plug located behind the rear facing console air ducts. Discussed in this thread: http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/6-exterior/128721-mirror-mounted-down-lights.html Didn't use FSM for color codes, rather, probed the termination with a DVM to find +/- DC powering the rear courtesy light (FSM terms this light "console box light 2") - you should be able to see those colors in the page above.

Best of luck and lets see some photos. Welcome to the ROC.
Good reviews, Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts