Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2007 Ridgeline I bought LED bulbs from the local Wal-mart. When I changed them out the left one worked but the right one would not work. When I put the stock bulb back in the left side the right would work with the led but will not work with led in the left side. Is there something I need to do or has anyone else have this problem.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
The computer is going to think one of the bulbs are burnt out. LEDs don't use much power and don't put a the current draw (LOW resistance) needed across the terminals of your tail, signal, or break light.

If you want LEDS back there you'll have to add resistors to make the car think that a normal bulb is sucking power from it as normal.

The reisistors need to be capable of handling power up to 20-50 watts. Do not even think about using little electronic resistors that are low wattage. These resistors must be large and powerful otherwise they will melt!

If you search on this site you'll find many that have gone before you on this.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Elkhunter's answer describes what you need to prevent hyperflashing because the LEDs draw less power so the flasher goes faster. The problem you describe is likely from one of the bulbs being in backwards. Most LED bulbs are polarized + / -. Also, I believe G1 Ridgelines require CK bulbs for the dual filament placements.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would try flipping them around & see if that's it. If not you may need a load equalizer. I just put back up & brake LED's in my 2012 & had no problem at all. No need for a load equalizer, plug & play. Good luck getting them to work. Here are the ones I used.
Brake Light--Sylvania zevo led # 7443
Back up Light--Sylvania zevo led # 921

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,422 Posts
The computer is going to think one of the bulbs are burnt out. LEDs don't use much power and don't put a the current draw (LOW resistance) needed across the terminals of your tail, signal, or brake light.
Break in a circuit usually induces a high resistance correct; not low resistance? Thus a bulb on a corner blows, the remaining pair starts to hyper-flash.

From what I know, LEDs do not have a linear relationship between current and voltage. I believe the LEDs drop voltage that is proportional to the log- of the current.

·
Registered
924 Posts
When I bought my 2010 EXL. I installed V-LEDs leds in the rear. Tail and brake worked perfectly. Turns, I had to install their resistors. I only changed them because I wanted their Triton 6 bulbs. They are pretty bright.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts