Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had to get new tail lights due to one of them filled up with water when it rained...so i decided to get a newer model pair.....they are the all red ones but they are slightly tinted. I currently have LED lights in them now but they are not bright enough. So my question is do i look for the kelvin or lumens to get maximum brightness with the new bulbs.

Thanks for future help!

·
Registered
94 Posts
The lumens refer to the light output level and the Kelvin numbers indicate the lights color. A 3000K is more yellow than a 4300K. Up around 6000K the light starts looking blue. Beware of Chinese lumens though, their lumens are much darker than ours!:surprise::surprise:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lumens refer to the light output level and the Kelvin numbers indicate the lights color. A 3000K is more yellow than a 4300K. Up around 6000K the light starts looking blue. Beware of Chinese lumens though, their lumens are much darker than ours!:surprise::surprise:
Thanks, I'm doing the ol'ebay search so ill make sure I'm buying in the US.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I use V-LEDS. Platinum level in turns and their V3 Tritons in tail/brake . Led is same color as lenses.

SENT from: My KINDLE FIRE HD

·
Registered
7 Posts
The best LED tail/brake light bulbs I have found are the Phillips Vision red LED's. They're available in the 7443 style for the Ridgeline and spread light very evenly. I have them in both my Accord and Ridgeline and am very pleased.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
The best LED tail/brake light bulbs I have found are the Phillips Vision red LED's. They're available in the 7443 style for the Ridgeline and spread light very evenly. I have them in both my Accord and Ridgeline and am very pleased.
I've attempted using cheapo LED's before and the truck's electrical system didn't like it whatsoever. Are the Phillips ones plug and play with no modification needed?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been using sylvania zevo . I am very please.
I have the 921 back up led, 7443 tail/stop and 194 plate and 3rd brake lights. and all bed lights and map and dome lights.

I also installed Opti7 LED head lights have yet to drive at night with them installed yesterday after work. and a hidden 32 led light bar.

I Tried the phillips led bubs in the plate but it blew a fuse took a minute to track down the fuse. So I would not recommended them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts