Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a used Leer cap for my 2020 Black Edition. Got it color matched, now I need to hook to the Leer harness from my truck. Any ideas other than tapping the left brake light? I saw leer has a 7-way harness but it doesn’t look like it will work with Honda and Leer is no help. Been trying to get a response for a long time now and they don’t even acknowledge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The top two are factory hitch under the truck. I thought the back side would just pop off and then I could use the adapter from the leer t harness but it seems that the piece going into the hitch doesn’t come off. It will pull back but only expose wires, no connector. The last pic is the harness from leer
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design

Pipeline transport Automotive tire Plumbing Material property Gas

Wheel Hand Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you try and plug it in to the trailer harness connector on the bumper?
I could do that but then can’t use the trailer hitch. I’m sure there is a dedicated connector that they sell. I just can’t get in touch with them and my dealer has no idea because he don’t do many ridgelines

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline Sport
110 Posts
It's probably not specific to ridgelines. If the lights or whatever is in the cap work when you plug it in then that is probably how they intended it to work. I did google 7 pin trailer splitter and saw some images where you can plug into the existing connector and have two hanging off it it. Probably not ideal for what you want to do.
Tire Product Green Automotive tire Wheel

You may have to do some manual wire splicing if you want to leave the hitch connector open for when you pull a trailer. What specific functions are part of the cap? Brake lights, turn signals, running light, reverse? Most of the wire functions are pretty well documented online and you could just tap into the wires that support what the cap has.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's probably not specific to ridgelines. If the lights or whatever is in the cap work when you plug it in then that is probably how they intended it to work. I did google 7 pin trailer splitter and saw some images where you can plug into the existing connector and have two hanging off it it. Probably not ideal for what you want to do.
View attachment 420255

You may have to do some manual wire splicing if you want to leave the hitch connector open for when you pull a trailer. What specific functions are part of the cap? Brake lights, turn signals, running light, reverse? Most of the wire functions are pretty well documented online and you could just tap into the wires that support what the cap has.
Yeah. I think I’m gonna have to tap the left brake light for the third brake light and then hope for a constant positive to run to the dome light. They are the only two things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts