Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do.
Can’t address the snow as all of ours is up the mountain on Mauna Kea.
Rain - likely will get wet as the window will probably be open about 99% of time. That was the case with my Tundra. If traveling in bad rain, close the RL window but not the Leer.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
As you likely know, other ROCers have had issues with Leer and ARE toppers leaking badly around the headwall/bulkhead and sometimes at the sides as well. Leer uses a bulb seal gasket along the base of their toppers, but we've heard of leaking nevertheless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are there any other toppers other than Leer or ARE? I would love to consider one with a higher roof at the tailgate end. I've seen them on other trucks.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
None that we know of. I'm with you, bud -- I have a "wedge" topper that rises at the tailgate on my current truck and I really like it. WIth the shallow bed of the RL, a raised topper would be even more practical. Sadly, the RL has such low sales volume and even lower demand for toppers that the canopy builders don't think it's worth the trouble to give us the higher roof option.

·
Registered
2019 Sport
65 Posts
I just got a quote from the local Leer distributor for the 100XR with roof rails; A little over $4000 (Cdn) installed. That's almost 10% of the cost of the vehicle and the only moving parts are 2 hinges and sliding windows!!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
None that we know of. I'm with you, bud -- I have a "wedge" topper that rises at the tailgate on my current truck and I really like it. WIth the shallow bed of the RL, a raised topper would be even more practical. Sadly, the RL has such low sales volume and even lower demand for toppers that the canopy builders don't think it's worth the trouble to give us the higher roof option.
I know zip about toppers, but guessing Leer didn't make the 100XR specifically for the Ridgeline, given your point about not enough demand to make one specifically for it. Wonder what other trucks that Leer model fits, maybe leading to a cross match.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Hmm...I really doubt any other truck has bed dimensions close enough to the RL for a topper to match. There are already problems getting the RL-specific topper to properly seal. Oh how I wish it were otherwise.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got a quote from the local Leer distributor for the 100XR with roof rails; A little over $4000 (Cdn) installed. That's almost 10% of the cost of the vehicle and the only moving parts are 2 hinges and sliding windows!!
I've ordered a ARE topper with rails around $2800 installed and including tax.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree with you 100%. I'd campaign for a raised Leer Model 122 with a 100XR footprint, but as you mentioned, the low sales volume and demand likely wouldn't justify it in their eyes. They could make only the higher roof model IMO, and that would satisfy the majority of RL owners.

·
Registered
2019 Sport
65 Posts
Ya, well, let’s put this way, US $2,800 is some CAD $3,600 (and add over that 15% sales tax if you live in the province of Quebec.) Welcome to Canada!!!
I've had quotes of over $4000 (Cdn) for both Leer XR and the A.R.E. -Z. The Softopper is looking better all the time. Now if I could only figure out a way to get 2 kayaks on a softopper.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good luck with that two kayaks and on a softtop! I'll take delivery of my Ridgeline in a few days. I wouldn't go softop. Want the stuff to be "more" secured in the cargo area. But like you I think that $4,000 for a cap makes no sense. So, am debating tonneau or cap. Also debating if I should take the 6 year/160,000km Honda PLus warranty (for $2,528 + Tx). May I ask your thought on that? Thanks in advance for your reply.

·
Registered
2019 Sport
65 Posts
Also debating if I should take the 6 year/160,000km Honda PLus warranty (for $2,528 + Tx). May I ask your thought on that? Thanks in advance for your reply.
There was a thread recently on the pros and cons of the warranty you could search. You wouldn't want to take advice from me on anything financial; I'm from the 'buy high, sell low' school.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently began looking for a cap for my 2019 and saw that leer is offering a raised cap (extra 4 inches) on the 180 XR. Has anyone seen this or looked into it?

·
Registered
266 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts