Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Club. Bought a used 2018 RTL - E . Would like to get a topper but need some help on choosing the right one. I am in Atlanta. Need a White one. Any input would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Congrats on the new RL! I purchased my new '19 E a few months ago... and I love it! Regarding toppers, when I was looking, my research concluded that Leer and ARE are the only two players. Both are ok. Some leakage concerns have surfaced with each (read some older posts on here). In the end, I scratched the topper idea and went with a Lomax Tri-fold. It has been great. BTW, I'm about 100 miles north of you in Blue Ridge. Love the area.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
...my research concluded that Leer and ARE are the only two players.
SofTopper is a viable option if open to a soft top.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to all on the topper. I found the same answers on the research. ARE dealer wanted $ 4000 with light options and bed rug. Too steep and will go with a T. cover for now. Will keep looking for a deal on Leer. Cheers and thanks again. 1st road trip next week !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congrats on the new RL! I purchased my new '19 E a few months ago... and I love it! Regarding toppers, when I was looking, my research concluded that Leer and ARE are the only two players. Both are ok. Some leakage concerns have surfaced with each (read some older posts on here). In the end, I scratched the topper idea and went with a Lomax Tri-fold. It has been great. BTW, I'm about 100 miles north of you in Blue Ridge. Love the area.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Quality-wise I don't think there was much difference when I shopped for my old one in 2007 but the only Leer available was really ugly at that time and the side windows were smaller providing worse visibility so I went with A.R.E. When the struts wore out at under 5 years A.R.E. put on new ones for free and guaranteed them for another 5 years--not as good as if they had lasted 10 years or more but since these struts often fail that was a pretty good deal. If you get one, make sure to get them replaced under warranty if they are not staying up very well.

I went with a lower cover on my G2, but in looking at what's out there now most Leer and A.R.E covers look about the same, but I noticed one Leer model had an extra piece about 4 inches wide inserted between the cab and the shell and it looks really bad, not even close to the same shade of white as the truck or the cover, so I'd avoid that one unless there's some good reason to buy it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts