Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm drooling for this. The one thing I've never liked about shells/caps was having to use a key to lock/unlock them. I'm so used to the remote key fob I hate the thought of having to actually use a key again. Leer has the solution and it's so cool it can use your current key fob, guess its programmable like the Home Link system

I've decided I will get a shell so I started researching all the manufactures, ARE, SnugTop, Leer. Once I discovered that feature from Leer I'm sold, gotta have it. The only problem is I have no idea if they are going to make a shell for the Ridgeline. I emailed them but no response yet :-( If anyone is interested in this I suggest you contact them also so they know there's a demand.

http://www.leer.com/contact1.html

http://www.leer.com/innovations.html

·
Registered
361 Posts
I sent a request for shell/cap. It might be a while for the installed base to justify an investment by Leer. I will be happy if we can get something by next fall.

Thanks for the research.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the info on the Leer Canopy. I emailed them as well with my two cents worth on what I would buy tomorrow if it was available. The keyless entry sold be as well. I hope they offer a canopy that is cab height and open to the front like an old El Camino canopy. They had a rubber gasket that fit against the cab between the shell.

For what it's worth I suggested they go to this site to read the banter going back and forth about canopies.

I've also started doing the same type of emails to companies that make billet grills. My black RTL is screaming for a polished chrome billet grill. :D

TTFN

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a retractable tonneau on my 04-f150. It comes with its own key-fob. Just push the button and it opens via electric motor. It's made by Webasto

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my never ending quest for the best cap/shell I've learned A.R.E. also has a keyless entry system that uses your current key fob just like the LEER system.

They both use Dupont paint and apparently the color matching codes aren't going to be released until summer some time so that would be the earliest anyone would release a color matched tonneu cover or shell.

Sounds like ARE is going to be first out of the gate as they said they are working on the molds right now while LEER is just at the considering phase at the moment. Snugtop also said they were going to make one but they don't have the cool keyless lock which is a must for me. Ahhh, the anticipation is killing me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Cool, thanks for the update vertrkr, I'm sure there's plenty of interest. I'm still undecided but those features sound like something I'd want too.

·
Registered
361 Posts
way to go, vertrkr.

I wanted to get the cover but realized then I could not fit a standand pallet in the truck bed.

Hopefully, the bed shell will be in time for the winter and easy to remove if neccessary.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Thanks for the update. Definitely post pics when you get yours installed :D

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had the missfortune to have a Leer hard cover on my last truck. They did match the paint perfectly. But the front seals had to be replaces anumber of time, the front hindge warped & it was a nighmare to take the thing off the truck. The final straw was when some one tried to break into the thing, as a result they moved the ftont hinge alingement & it scratched the side on the truck bed each time I tried to open it. The company are alittle reluctant to contact you with these problem & will forward you to the dealer in your area. That was $750.00 wasted, also the shocks are also expensive to replace. Hopefully the caps will be of better quality.

·
Registered
290 Posts
In regard to my last post regarding Leer products. It now looks as if they are trying to improve their PR. I h still hope A.R.E. will make a cap or cover for the Ridgeline :eek:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Since the Chevy Avalanche body style looks similar to the Ridge, maybe the cap will look something like this. . .

·
Registered
268 Posts
Paladin said:
Since the Chevy Avalanche body style looks similar to the Ridge, maybe the cap will look something like this. . .
That's terrible!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Horrible. Looks like a massive SUV!:p

·
Registered
130 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Sorry, I just cant see the advantage of the truck cap and it's lack of useful space.... Hope it works well for you though:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts