Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 RTL-T, My left hand door mirror has failed to move up-down. In-out is still functional. Right hand door mirror is still functional.

Will I need an new actuator?

Thanks,

·
Registered
244 Posts
There is a chance that the motor mount point to the mirror just popped out of socket somehow (there is a socket on the back of the mirror and a ball on the mount that goes to the motor, one for up/down and one for left/right). Can you hear the motor in there running when you press the button? I got an extended view side view mirror for the drivers' side and when I put it in, I thought for sure I broke the motor. It took more force than I really expected to pop it back in, but has worked just fine since then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a chance that the motor mount point to the mirror just popped out of socket somehow (there is a socket on the back of the mirror and a ball on the mount that goes to the motor, one for up/down and one for left/right). Can you hear the motor in there running when you press the button? I got an extended view side view mirror for the drivers' side and when I put it in, I thought for sure I broke the motor. It took more force than I really expected to pop it back in, but has worked just fine since then.
Thanks for the idea. I took the mirror out of the assy. The actuator makes the right sounds in all directions. It just doesn't move in-out.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah, when mine did that after removal, that little socket just wasn't popped in correctly. It took more pressure to get it to pop back in that I thought it would. Frankly, I was to the point where I thought it was broken anyway, so I gave it a good push to try to get it to lock back in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fixed it. Removed mirror again and removed actuator. One of the ball & socket joints in the actuator had popped loose. I held the ball stem with needle nose pliers and popped the actuator back together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts