Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the left foot rest (2-10mm nuts, 1 which is plastic) and I replaced it with a piece of a hard flexible plastic, which I cut to fit. I used the existing studs to bolt the plastic back on. It feels better because it allows you to stretch out your left leg considerably more. I do have some reservations though, as a safety issue. I think the left foot rest was positioned by the Honda Engineers to keep your left foot from possibly sliding under the brake pedal unexpectedly. There is enough room to put your left foot to the left of the brake pedal with the footrest removed but the slant of the wheel well could cause your foot to slip towards the brake and possibly get under the pedal. I will take it for a short test drive, but right now I'm leaning on putting the OEM foot rest back on. Has anyone thought of this? :eek:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Decided to put it back...too much concern for foot slippage under brake. I do have an alternate solution though (thanks to my 12 year old daughter!) "Just move the seat back for a minute if you want to stretch your legs, Dad!" duh! :eek:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have the seat all the way back but still can't stretch my left leg. i was hoping removal of that item was the solution. but based on your experience, i can see why it wouldn't work. :(

·
Registered
172 Posts
Have you found any track extensions or queried Honda when or if they have them? I find it hard to believe that the seat tracks are one-offs for the Ridgeline only and maybe they are shared with other Honda models that already have track extensions available. Just a thought... :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
You mean there's nothing important under that thing? I really hate the left foot rest. I'll have to look at what you're talking about because I may be willing to live with the saftey risk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I removed the left foot rest the first week I had my RL. I now have over 11,000 miles on it and have not had any problems.

·
Registered
511 Posts
hiPSI, I'd love to see how your cover turned out. I tried molding a piece of plastic and while it works, I'm not very happy with the look. It's certainly better than leaving the giant hole in the carpet though. This was my first attempt just to see if it would work and be comfortable. I'll probably try to make another one that fits a bit better and paint it to match.

hiPSI said:
I removed the left foot rest (2-10mm nuts, 1 which is plastic) and I replaced it with a piece of a hard flexible plastic, which I cut to fit. I used the existing studs to bolt the plastic back on. It feels better because it allows you to stretch out your left leg considerably more. I do have some reservations though, as a safety issue. I think the left foot rest was positioned by the Honda Engineers to keep your left foot from possibly sliding under the brake pedal unexpectedly. There is enough room to put your left foot to the left of the brake pedal with the footrest removed but the slant of the wheel well could cause your foot to slip towards the brake and possibly get under the pedal. I will take it for a short test drive, but right now I'm leaning on putting the OEM foot rest back on. Has anyone thought of this? :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ridgeline-Fla said:
If you are short ;) it is in a pefect position. One for the short people.
Word! I'm 5'9" and the foot rest is perfect for me. A little jiggling with the seat position and I'm as comfy as can be.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
LadyRidge said:
******:eek: :rolleyes: ;) ******

My foot rest creaks and squeaks like crazy!!
So did mine, plus it was loose. I had them fix it when it was in for an oil change. No more wiggle or squeak. :)

L

·
0 Posts
mayfielh said:
So did mine, plus it was loose. I had them fix it when it was in for an oil change. No more wiggle or squeak. :)
Ok..I'll have them look at it.. Thanks Harry!!
:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Foot Rest = Dead Pedal

·
Registered
897 Posts
paidoffridgeline said:
I use it when Im getting my wallet outta my ass pocket.:eek:OMG! did I say ass.....oops
Ouch.

I use it for similar purposes to get my wallet out of the back pocket of my jeans, its the perfect height for that though, I like mine where it is.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
ssg said:
Ouch.

I use it for similar purposes to get my wallet out of the back pocket of my jeans, its the perfect height for that though, I like mine where it is.
I agree! the dead pedal seems to be perfect for the vast majority with the exception of only a few members.:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Very curious observation... do you think that Ridgeline owners tend to be on the short side? I'm a 5' 8" male...

If so, then shortness must directly proportional to a higher intelligence quotient (IQ)!

:D

Joe Mac

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Joe Mac said:
Very curious observation... do you think that Ridgeline owners tend to be on the short side? I'm a 5' 8" male...

If so, then shortness must directly proportional to a higher intelligence quotient (IQ)!

:D

Joe Mac
Joe Mac it was so nice of you to identify intelligence quotient as IQ. I guess we need to spell things out for the trolls from the "Not Motor Trend Trucks of the Year" forums. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts