Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else out there think that this vehicle has a serious lack of drivers seat leg room?

I am 6'5" and my Civic has better leg room than this thing.

I wonder if the seat tracking can be moved further back. There is plenty of space behind the drivers seat when it is all the way back.

·
Registered
460 Posts
bobby beige said:
Does anybody else out there think that this vehicle has a serious lack of drivers seat leg room?

I am 6'5" and my Civic has better leg room than this thing.

I wonder if the seat tracking can be moved further back. There is plenty of space behind the drivers seat when it is all the way back.
i agree....6'2 and i could use a little more leg room........have the seat all the way back but then the steering wheel is too close to the dash so i have to extend more than i like to take the wheel. its something i didn't notice until after the purchase. its disappointing. plus i wish the seat did adjust back further as well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have read several complaints about the steering wheel being too far away. I really think/hope this is another item that will be fixed with subsequent models.
I am also 6'5" and noticed that as well. I kid you not...my (tiny) 1976 Civic had more legroom. I could scoot the front seat all the way back until it hit the back seat.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have a 2003 HCH and it has a little more leg room but only if I am straight out, the seat is higher in the Ridgeline so for me this ends up being better, not to mention the HCH doesn't have very adjustable seats. Of course I am only 6' even so it isn't a problem for me. I did find that the Tacoma had more driver's leg room, but there was absolutely no room behind the seats in the CrewCab version. Surprisingly, the car I am giving up for a problem with leg support has more leg room than the Ridgeline but I was 100% more comfortable in the Ridgeline in my extended test drive. I will hope this continues after I pick it up this week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First post from a new owner...

I agree about the front leg room being pretty cramped for a truck of this size. I unbolted and removed the driver's side left "footrest" and it opened up a little more space, but you still cant stretch out your leg on the left side very well. And my knees are way too close to the dash, even with the seat all the way back. Didn't really notice it on the test drive, but I bugs me on long trips :mad:

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I'm 5'5" and there is a serious lack of knee space. I have to pull the seat so far up to reach the pedals and steering wheel that my right knee literally touches the electric assist brake unit I have there. I hope I'm never in a crash or my knees are toast. Of course I'd never want anyone in a crash. . .

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I just had to make a trip from Connecticut to South Western Virginia on short notice. I didn't want to put the miles on my RL so I rented a car. The rental guy said "all I have available is a small SUV". I'm thinking a Chevy Blazer or Ford Explorer so I said perfect. Turned out to be a Jeep Liberty. What a piece of crap. The most cramped and uncomfortable vehicle I have ever driven. You can't move your legs at all while driving. A big hump in the middle and under the driver's seat prevents you from pulling your feet back. Just no room to streach out the other way. Stiff jarring suspension. Hard uncomfortable seats. The door locks are the old round protruding type so you can't rest your arm on the door without jabbing your forearm. Only 1 cup holder and 1 power outlet so my travel companion and I fought over those all the way. After 1500 miles in 3 days we were ready to drive it over a cliff. The Ridgeline has tons of leg room by comparison. I'm 5'9".

DO NOT EVER BUY OR RENT A JEEP LIBERTY!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
i just don't get how honda, with its supposed years of research and development, could create such an uncomfortable vehicle with the non extending steering wheel and lack of leg room.

·
Registered
578 Posts
jeffiam said:
i just don't get how honda, with its supposed years of research and development, could create such an uncomfortable vehicle with the non extending steering wheel and lack of leg room.
I guess that's why I love Hondas so much, they are the only cars I AM 100% comfortable in. Doesn't matter which model it is, I can find a comfortable position. Unlike my Mazda3, which I can't get comfortable in. It's why I am dumping the car after only having it for 1 year.

L

·
0 Posts
bjm007 said:

I agree about the front leg room being pretty cramped for a truck of this size. I unbolted and removed the driver's side left "footrest" and it opened up a little more space, but you still cant stretch out your leg on the left side very well. And my knees are way too close to the dash, even with the seat all the way back. Didn't really notice it on the test drive, but I bugs me on long trips :mad:
Congratulations on your Ridgeline and welcome to the ROC.
As time goes on, you will notice that comfort is no issue and you'll find your place.
:)

·
Registered
460 Posts
bjm007 said:

so how did you take that off........ive thought about doing that also. where are the bolts located?

·
Registered
81 Posts
steveberger said:
I just had to make a trip from Connecticut to South Western Virginia on short notice. I didn't want to put the miles on my RL so I rented a car. The rental guy said "all I have available is a small SUV". I'm thinking a Chevy Blazer or Ford Explorer so I said perfect. Turned out to be a Jeep Liberty. What a piece of crap. The most cramped and uncomfortable vehicle I have ever driven. You can't move your legs at all while driving. A big hump in the middle and under the driver's seat prevents you from pulling your feet back. Just no room to streach out the other way. Stiff jarring suspension. Hard uncomfortable seats. The door locks are the old round protruding type so you can't rest your arm on the door without jabbing your forearm. Only 1 cup holder and 1 power outlet so my travel companion and I fought over those all the way. After 1500 miles in 3 days we were ready to drive it over a cliff. The Ridgeline has tons of leg room by comparison. I'm 5'9".

DO NOT EVER BUY OR RENT A JEEP LIBERTY!!
Amen to that, I had a similar experience with the Liberty:
http://elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13204

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Steering wheel extender would be great improvement. Steering wheel angle is weird and like a tractor trailer being so much closer on bottom than top, but dash area below wheel has a block that wheel cannot be made more up and down b lowering to lowest tilt position. It takes some getting used to especially if you drive in the 10/2 position and like to have your hands on top of wheel, but truck drivers often drive with hands on bottom of wheel on long trips so arms can rest on lap and not get tired.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
New RT-L Owner here....
I'm 6'4", 250lbs...so what? :) What really matters is how YOU fit in the seat. Do you have short legs and a long waist? How about long legs and short arms?? How about a short waist and long arms??? You just gotta try it out. I fit fine, but will probably remove the left foot rest. Glad to be here, you guys and gals have already helped me out.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hey hiPSI, welcome on board.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I'm 5'6" and 215 lbs. I fit like a glove!! BTW welcome to the ROC!! :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
hiPSI has it right. I wouldn't have bought the Ridgeline if I wasn't comfortable in it. I know you can't really tell from just a test drive, but I was sure more comfortable than I was in either the Tacoma or Frontier. Also sat in several versions of the Jeep and couldn't believe how tight the entire driver's area is. I'm 6'4", 230lbs by the way, and I just completed a 700 mile round trip in my RL. Very comfortable the whole way. Yes, there's just about 1 1/2" room between my knee and the dash, but so what? I'm 50 now and am not likely to get any taller! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts