Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let there be MORE cargo lights. I always wanted more lights for the cargo trunk. I changed to LEDs but still wanted brighter.....well this is brighter. Enjoy!!

Let us know if anyone else tries to do it.

Here's how they normally look with LEDs.

Here how mine look now.

Here is how i did it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put the lid back on....held it in place and seal with the silicone you see in pics.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yup, got those adapters. Its the 5k ones. I've been thinking about doing the same for the other cargo lights but the main ones that would benefit are the trunk ones so i did those for sure. It was a fun project.

Also here's a pic of my Ridge in the daylight.

I've done alot of mods on my other ride including mounting a Supercharger kit. Here a pic of my other car (recently been thinking about selling it tho).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Very nice TL, do you have any more pics of it?

Here is mine :act030:

Oh and how do you like the supercharger? Is yours a 6-spd?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool shtuff man....good to see another person with the same two cars (even in the same colors). Here's a pic of mine together.

Supercharger is great (yup its a 6 speed). I've got all the supporting mods which make it a pretty decent monster (its up close to 400hp).

·
Registered
233 Posts
Oh very nice, ours is a 2004 6-Spd factory a-spec with Nav. I bet 400hp screams on that car.

This is the headlight retro I did recently on the Ridgeline. I really like the look.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Diode dynamics should hook me up as a sales rep

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually you should try those products first. Just because it's written on the interweb doesn't mean it's automatically true. Sometimes you need to interject your own logic to see if it makes sense instead of blindly believing what is written on a Web page. In this case about 40 leds facing in one direction should have more light output where you need it than 4 or 5 leds in all directions.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I have them and the 95 lumen from each of the bed and trunk locations is more light then you could need.

In the reflector housing all light is directed toward the bed area. You need to remember that 40 bulbs putting out a combined 84 lumens won't be brighter than a single bulb putting out 94 - especially when in a small area. I'll take pictures soon so you can see the brightness.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good post up some pics, I might use them for the front cargo lights since the housing isn't a good size or shape for these.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts