Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the consensus here that the Ridgeline will be around for along time, or do you think Mother Honda will drop the Ridgeline in a few years?????

L

·
0 Posts
Every new vehicle to hit the streets for the first time has problems to solve and issue to overcome. But overall, Honda made an extremely well built truck that may not be taking the market by storm with EVERYONE running to buy one but those of US who have taken the chance to "test drive" this vehicle for Honda can testify that it is the truck of the future. This forum is proof that it is a vehicle that lives up to the Honda name. The only direction from here is up.
I think the Ridgeline is here to stay. :D
IMMHHO, of course. :p

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
ladyridge said:
Every new vehicle to hit the streets for the first time has problems to solve and issue to overcome. But overall, Honda made an extremely well built truck that may not be taking the market by storm with EVERYONE running to buy one but those of US who have taken the chance to "test drive" this vehicle for Honda can testify that it is the truck of the future. This forum is proof that it is a vehicle that lives up to the Honda name. The only direction from here is up.
I agree whole heartedly!! Anyone else thinks otherwise gotta be strung up for heresy :D

·
Registered
264 Posts
Has Honda actually canceled production of any auto other than the prelude whic I guess was dropped for the S2000. All others have simply evolved and been improved upon.
The Ridgeline is a vehicle Honda needed to fill a niche in the market. I can only see them working to improve their share in this segment.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
ladyridge said:
AMEN SISTER! :D

·
Registered
383 Posts
Isn't the SUV / light truck market in N.America just too big to ignore? I think that Honda will be in for the long haul. It just makes good business sense.

·
Registered
123 Posts
JulesK,
Actually, Honda did not drop Prelude (aka Qualude to critics) for S2k, but due to overlap with new Accord coupe. But Prelude is good example of Honda sticking to its product and model cycle (4 yr cycle then). Remember what the original Prelude looked like ... ?! Ridgeline is direct descendant ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Delsol. ?spelling

I don't think it was around too long and it had a few revolutionary items.

Kevin

·
Registered
774 Posts
The key will be to EVOLVE. The Ridgeline was first in a lot of areas. It will probably be first to figure out a way to own and maintain a pickup truck during these crazy times of ridiculous gas prices. In my opinion, they should forget about a gas-sucking V8 and put ALL of their development attention towards a hybrid. I'll tell you that had a hybrid been available back in March, I would have sprung for the few extra thousand it would have cost me. Heck, I paid sticker anyway. That's the REAL future for the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The DelSol and the CRX weren't around long, but they were not "practical" vehicles and very much a niche market. Is the Ridgeline a niche market, too? I don't think so. The truck market is strong and all the other Japanese companies have kept up their truck lines, so why not Honda?

·
Registered
993 Posts
I believe the time line from what I've read is a Ridgeline hybrid in 2009 and a V8 in 2011 - 2012.

The Ridgeline is here to stay. There is no turning back for Honda. They are in the truck game and have come to play.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts