Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

license plate frame

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  happyjoey 
#1 ·
does anybody know how to fit a rear liscense plate frame on the ridge?

#2 ·
Re: liscense plate frame

Subee, most frames won't fit on the rear because of the way it is situated. There are some frames that Honda made but I don't have one. I was bummed too when I couldn't put a frame around my back plate :(

#5 ·

Thanks for the tip....i'll probably make a trip to Pep Boys tomorrow too while out Christmas shopping (for my Ridge!):D

#6 ·

while i have your attention, it looks as if the rear plate rests up against metal...has anyone had a problem back there with rust or the paint rubbing thin? i'm wondering whether i should put some kind of cushion behind the plate when i put my frame on.....

#7 ·

No Pep Boys for me. They left town. Nearest Pep Boys is 155 miles away.

#8 ·

Webwader said:
No Pep Boys for me. They left town. Nearest Pep Boys is 155 miles away.
Internet shop.:) Do you have Flea Market? Ours has two license plate shops in it.

#10 ·

I managed to "squeeze" a frame on the back via the small opening on the bumper leading to the plate. Will take pictures this morning and post.
Dang, you're bringing some threads back from the dead! LOL! You can get a plastic adjuster that will allow your license plate & frame to sit above the gap, at most auto stores now.

#14 ·

I found a license plate adjuster and installed it to gain some clearanse for both a back up vido camera and a fancy plate frame. It cost less than $4 at discount auto parts. The installation was well explaned else ware on ROC. I too had to grind down 2 screws to make it fit right.:) Worked out nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.