Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently put 2 Hella lights on my Westin bullbar... only issue is that my mechanic had to take off my license plate since the lights would cover it. Since its illegal to not have a front plate im in need of a plate relocator. Has anyone ever bought one? or know a good place to get one?. The Westin one wont work since itll cover my lights. (Im in Canada also btw)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
FWIW, you might just try running w/o one. I've been absent front plate on my S2000 in SoCal (used to be sticklers for this) for 10 years now, and had a problem only just once.... and ironically, it was when I stopped to ask an officer a question about directions... I guess he didn't like being bothered during his 'break?' time.... he wrote me a fix-it ticket after answering my question. That was like 7 years ago, and I just put it on, got signed off & took it off again.
It just depends on what cops are around you .... some guys just have their pet peeves (front plates, expired tags, tinted windows, low riders, etc.). Unless you run into the "front plates" guy, you'll likely be fine.

Just one way to go. :)

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Hey guys, I recently put 2 Hella lights on my Westin bullbar... only issue is that my mechanic had to take off my license plate since the lights would cover it. Since its illegal to not have a front plate im in need of a plate relocator. Has anyone ever bought one? or know a good place to get one?. The Westin one wont work since itll cover my lights. (Im in Canada also btw)
I'm not sure where you would intend to relocate the plate, but I suggest you not introduce any additional airflow restrictions. I understand you're in Canada and probably don't have to deal with extreme heat conditions, but you may end up in conditions where you need that airflow.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
seems like it will be tough with that set-up. To me the lights look like they're mounted more toward center then I remember others having them.

You could mount to front of the bull bar, or you might have to go to a smaller diameter light. I guess another option would be to mount to the right or left side of the bar

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Unless Westin offers a mounting option for their bar, its not likely you'll find an off the shelf mount to accommodate what you need - at least not without modification.

Down here, absence of a front plate results in a fix it ticket, if thats the way things work up your way, try what Dnick suggested and run without a plate. You may never get nabbed, and if you do, strapping on the plate with a couple of wire ties should get the ticket dismissed. Then you could go back to being an outlaw, until the next time. ;act028:

Or... you might need to have something made.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,384 Posts
I've seen on here somewhere where a Ridgeline had the plate relocated to the angled area on the front drivers side of the bumper. It may have been one of the RL in Europe? Maybe look at the threads with images attached

You could also check Amazon for something like this
http://amzn.to/1E5KGcF
Or this http://amzn.to/1gY2FH9

But if it was me, I'd probably drill and mount it to the Westin "Skid Plate"

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I've seen on here somewhere where a Ridgeline had the plate relocated to the angled area on the front drivers side of the bumper. It may have been one of the RL in Europe? Maybe look at the threads with images attached

You could also check Amazon for something like this
http://amzn.to/1E5KGcF
Or this http://amzn.to/1gY2FH9

But if it was me, I'd probably drill and mount it to the Westin "Skid Plate"
That's the way I'd go if I had to put it on. Just attach with the top 2 fasteners & let it hang down below the bottom bar there. If it gets bent, no big deal to bend it back (as I found out after a deer encounter). The only thing you'd lose it the "Westin" logo, if that's important to you.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I'd put it over the "Westin" logo. Still technically on the front of the vehicle (even if angled down), and would have minimal airflow blockage.

Chip H.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That smittybilt one may be a good option for me! Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure where you would intend to relocate the plate, but I suggest you not introduce any additional airflow restrictions. I understand you're in Canada and probably don't have to deal with extreme heat conditions, but you may end up in conditions where you need that airflow.
Im in Southern ontario, so in the summer, heat can be an issue. So ill take that into consideration for sure, Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd put it over the "Westin" logo. Still technically on the front of the vehicle (even if angled down), and would have minimal airflow blockage.

Chip H.
I think thats my best bet right now, somewhere that wont block the light from the lights, yet still look somewhat decent. Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 13 of 13 Posts