Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been seriously researching getting a truxx lift kit for my 07 ridgeline but my only reserve it that the angle my damaged my old cv axle. I recently replaced the passenger side axle less than 5000 miles ago with a premium aftermarket one (accidentally broke it replacing a seal) but the drivers side axle is still the original one and has almost 125k miles on it. If I were to grab the lift kit how long do you think I would have on that axle before the boot or the joint would go out?

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
Welcome to ROC. I do not support the notion of lifting a vehicle as I do not see it being safe with increase center of gravity and higher roll center.
Others who have done so have done it for aesthetic reasons (many) and only a handful actually go offroading on a frequent basis and have found the need for it.

So besides the axle life (discussed multiple times on ROC, so search for it), you need to ask yourself if you are investing in a product that enhances safe operation of your vehicle.

Registered
I have the traxx 2鈥 lift kit on my 09 Ridgelne and it works fine, still handles the same as it did before the lift but if you don鈥檛 go off roading I don鈥檛 see why you would put the lift on your truck. I use mine off road quite often for work and have to drive through waterbars on forestry service roads. I see there are axles out now that provide a better articulation specifically for lift kits, but they are expensive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts