Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I installed my Truxx lift kit four years ago, it came with extended front sway bar links. The rear section of the lift used the OEM links. I thought I remembered reading that the extended links that came with the lift kit were actually the exact same length as OEM Pilot links. Can anyone confirm this?

I have low speed clunking under the truck that I cannot pinpoint but after some pretty extensive research I'm thinking it's either the shocks/struts or the swaybar links. The noise is driving me insane. Truxx wants $118 for a new set of extended front end links while I can get OEM Pilot links for around $20/each. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for the help everyone.

I learned (from Truxxx) that Honda actually makes their extended sway bar links for them. They sold me a pair at cost. They would not (or could not) confirm that the extended links for the RL are the same length as the OEM links for the Pilot.

· Registered
229 Posts
When I installed my Truxx lift kit four years ago, it came with extended front sway bar links. The rear section of the lift used the OEM links. I thought I remembered reading that the extended links that came with the lift kit were actually the exact same length as OEM Pilot links. Can anyone confirm this?

I have low speed clunking under the truck that I cannot pinpoint but after some pretty extensive research I'm thinking it's either the shocks/struts or the swaybar links. The noise is driving me insane. Truxx wants $118 for a new set of extended front end links while I can get OEM Pilot links for around $20/each. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Aren't they shorter than OEM on the front?

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's been 4 years since I installed my lift but I'm pretty sure the pair that came with the kit were significantly longer than OEM pair they replaced.

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Huh. Well either way, they're a different length. That's good info though about the MDX links.

Do you have a lift? If not, measure your front links and let me know how long they are. I'll measure the links the Truxxx kit came with and we can compare notes.

I thought I remembered the Truxxx links being longer but like I said, it's been four years since I installed it and the install only took about 3 hours. Well it would have had I not needed a torch on the rear passenger side.

· Registered
4,380 Posts
Just came across this thread. They are longer, replaced mine with Truxxx kit originals a year ago also. Nice folks to deal with and got the price break also. The rubber boot dried out and cracked over 8 years and I had one that seized.

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Just came across this thread. They are longer, replaced mine with Truxxx kit originals a year ago also. Nice folks to deal with and got the price break also. The rubber boot dried out and cracked over 8 years and I had one that seized.
I took my fronts off last night. The nuts were rusty and started to round off. Ended up just cutting them out with the Sawzall. I was a bit disappointed that the replacements didn't come with new nuts. Had to order them. Luckily the RL is parked for a while. I went ahead and ordered new nuts for the rear as well because the OEM replacements that are sitting on my work bench didn't come with nuts either. I think I'm going to have a mechanic do the rear ones. I have no idea how I accomplished that task the first time. I can't even get my hand up in where the top of he link is let alone my hand, a wrench, and an allen key. Plus they're rusty as sh*t too. I'll pay somebody else to deal with that headache.

I was also surprised to find that the boot on the driver side front Truxxx link was full of water. I knew the passenger side was bad but didn't realize they both were. I only had 30k on mine. The folks at Truxxx said the new ones are heavier duty than the original ones they sent with the kits. Good to know.

· Registered
4,380 Posts
Know what you mean, I shot mine up in the crack of the boot with spray grease and sprayed the nuts with penetrating lube and twisted them with a vice grip to keep free for over a year then just replaced. Dont worry about how they come off just do what you need to do as in big hammer, torch, grinder and some bad words.:grin: Can be hard to get off but easy on..........

· Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've changed my mind about Truxxx. They told me they would sell me the replacement sway bar links at cost ($60) but three weeks later when I got my checking account statement it showed that they had actually billed my card for $71.00. And they failed to respond to my email inquiry concerning the discrepancy. That was your one shot, Truxxx. If I buy a lift again, it'll be from FatBobs or Readylift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.