Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally put my lift and tires to good use. These tires rub only at full lock. The weakest point is the Traxda lift kit. Because of the 2" lift I needed to install an adjustable ball joint. This basically means taking the car to an alignment place that is willing to deal with that as it can not be done with the wheels on their rig. I'm not sure how well the nut will hold the adjustment if I continue doing these type of trips nor i'm confident I should be towing more than 3500 lbs with it. I wish there were control arms for these vehicles that allow for 0 camber in rear with 2" lift.
In anycase, the truck did great over uneven terrain with rocks. At some point the rear right was in the air and you could hear the diffs doing their job and pulling through no problem. This was not a loop so going back up hill was more challenging but still the diffs and computers did their "magic". Pretty impressive.

Always carry a full spare :p

I love this truck. It does everything I need and more. I only wish it had at least the same clearance as a Subaru Outback in the front and keep the rake angle. With that clearance this type of traveling is possible without the need of installing crappy after market components.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline Black edition
212 Posts
Yeah i wish the Ridgeline had a simple A arm in the front.. well maybe more traditional suspension overall versus their Amplitude reactive damper
Although I do know traxda is working on a high clearance trailing arm I'm not expert in suspension but it might help with an aftermarket adjustable camber bolt and some elbow grease

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What torque do you adjust it to? 110 ft/lb?
I'm thinking of getting a camber alignment tool in case it comes loose.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What torque do you adjust it to? 110 ft/lb?
I'm thinking of getting a camber alignment tool in case it comes loose.
On the trail I went with "tight". according to Moog its 140ft-lbs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Done. 2" lift removed. The 255/65R18 tires provide additional clearance from stock which is nice. I think I won't have problems with these roads next year without the lift kit. I should've just done the tires and save the hassle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts