Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sun visors for RTL-T / RTL-E that have illuminated vanity mirrors are available for purchase from Honda eStore Parts for $61.25 each. (sun visors for other trim levels that have vanity mirrors that are not illuminated are the same price). Does anyone know if RTL trim level has wiring in place at sun visor installation location for connection to illuminated visor vanity mirror? I plan to purchase RTL-T / RTL-E sun visors and swap them out with the sun visors on my RTL if the RTL has wiring in place for illuminated vanity mirrors.

·
Super Moderator
1,563 Posts
Re: Visor Vanity Mirror

I don't know the answer but I want them too. It's stupid that they aren't on this vehicle.

Steve

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Lighted Visor Vanity Mirror “MOD”

I have the RTL-E, and I took a picture of my illuminated visors for you below. Folding down either mirror turns on the light, even if the ignition or accessory mode is off. It's a nice feature.

Each visor has a short 2 wire harness/connector that plugs into roof harness just inside where its hollow rod goes into the roof liner. The visor is removed by pressing and holding on the recessed tab in the swivel plastic housing with a small screwdriver, while rotating the visor 45 degrees towards the the passenger compartment (or at least it was on my 2 Accords, when I removed them). Then it detaches, so you can gently pull it out.

There are 2 pigtail connectors on the roof harness (at least on the T/E/BE trims) just inside the roof lining, that each visor harness plugs into. If you look at the online Honda parts catalogs (like at Bernardi or Majestic Honda, etc), they show 3 different part numbers for the roof harnesses for the RTL (w/o the lighted vanity mirrors), and the RTL-T and RTL-E/BE (which have the lighted vanity mirrors). You can't tell from the parts catalog whether those pigtails are there on the T and lower trims (it's the same generic diagram for all trims, showing on pigtails for all).

That's all I know, it's not a DIY but it may give you some clues. Worst case if those harness pigtails aren't on your roof harness, you're going to have to somehow splice your lighted visor's 2 wires (hot and ground) into your roof harness, or into your front map light switches (they're always hot too).

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1483671369.591656.jpg

Reactions: stevem5215

·
Super Moderator
1,563 Posts
Re: Sun visor replacement

If you get the correct visors put up the part numbers as I have the same truck color and beige interior. I'd like to get these as well.

Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
About to do this mod soon; any news on the power at the overhead? If not will just power up from the overhead central light power

·
Super Moderator
1,563 Posts
I don't think anyones done it. I know I haven't since I posted over a year ago. I've learned to live with it. While I still think Honda cheaped out it.

Steve

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I replaced my console on my RTL with the one with the mirrow. There were several unused pigtails up there. What they power I don’t know.

If you could get a look at what the mirror pigtail looks and see if there’s a corresponding one up there and then check to see if it’s powered with the key off

1 - 8 of 8 Posts