Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 RTL. The seat belt alarm, vanity mirror light, tail light, interior light that comes on when the door is opened, vtm 4 switch, all on the driver's side, come on/go off intermittedly, and not all at the same time. One may be off, the rest on, then another off, etc. Any idea what is wrong with my Ridgeline?
I called the Honda dealer who says they charge $100/hour. This is a certified preowned vehicle. Wiring is not covered. Electrical is. I made an appt. (which the hubby insisted I cancel after hearing the $100/hr. rate) lol
So, thought you guys could probably help me out!!!!
Thank ya!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,377 Posts
Start with the Battery, unless it's really new, 2 years or newer change it. The Ridgeline is notorious for Battery causing all sorts of strange electrical issues. And some times testing it doesn't even reveal the issue is the battery.

Also, does it have any additional electrical items, aftermarket lighting, towing harness or anything else, amps, stereo or ???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has a Honda towing harness added probably 6 mths. ago. Will try the battery...
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,377 Posts
If you installed the Honda Harness, or if you paid someone to, I'd pull the installation instructions "available here" and just make sure everything is still connected/seated correctly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts