Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly new to the ROC, with my first Ridge purchased in March of 2020 (20U 17 RTL). I have followed the many great posts about mods you all are doing to your ride and have done some already (rear door stops, LEDs in various places, tie downs, etc.). Now I have a question that has likely been asked, but haven't yet discovered it. Here goes: has anyone chosen to add the "headlight eyebrow LEDs" to a 2G? If so, please provide a link or way I can search for it.
Thanks everyone for your contributions!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
There a company offering a conversion kit for $1800 that will work. Me, I put Lasfit led low beams in and Auxito amber led fog lights. Also changed out license plate, rear turn signal and backup to leds

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Telemike, for this information. Quite a bit over my expected budget for getting eyebrows, but beats going for a facial makeover!

·
Registered
420 Posts
For that kinda money you might as well remove the headlights and drop them off at your local radio/lighting installer and have them do a full HID retrofit + LED DRL. I bet it would be same or cheaper and better output. An HID retrofit kit with quality Phillips or Sylvania HIDs is maybe 350 bucks tops, that leaves the LEDs and labor for 1500ish bucks.

Dont get get me wrong, the lights on a -E or -BE are awesome (I've got a BE and had a retrofit HID on my Accord) but HID is still the king of lighting. 1800 bucks is a tough pill to swallow unless you're intent on staying as stock as possible.

Bob, unless you're a hardcore DIYer I would not advise trying the HID install yourself. I did it myself on my Accord and broke some tabs and had some regrets and alignment issues. 100% my fault, a pro would've nailed it. It involves baking your lights in the oven.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Just buy the higher end trim head lights from a Ridgeline or Pilot Elite. You get oem low Beam LED projectors and eye brow swoosh LED. I’ve seen them as cheap as
$250 a pair used.

Some re-wiring required.

Or you just go the eBay way and buy a stick on LED strip for the looks.

The last method would be to bake open your head lights. Add the led strip inside the headlight and re-seal. You can buy the parts from Honda but at that point might as well do a proper headlight projector retrofit like suggested above.

Either steps required new re-wiring.

·
Registered
611 Posts
That guy sells a wiring harness if you have your own set of lights
Somebody posted the wiring kit ....You are better off making your own.

·
Registered
611 Posts
And this is an old thread of one person that has done it too.

Enjoy the read.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts