Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having seen and read much of the debate over "Is it a real Truck?", I must say it had me going for a bit too. I began reading the ROC Forum in March this year and joined when I bought my '20 RTL-E in May 2020.

So far, I've used my RL to haul my BMW K1300S and pull a Trailer with Motorcycles loaded. I've been on some very comfortable unloaded ~7 hour trips with it too and it now has 10k miles. I bought a new Honda RL Tent but haven't used it yet but looking forward to it. Lastly, I added a Steel Wheel Chock to the Bed for Hauling my Motorcycle.

So I'm guessing, when the Honda Motor Company decided to make a Truck, Honda PowerSports Owners were first and have been foremost in their Minds all along. So, a series of Questions to show my argument:

1. Can you haul a Honda Motorcycle in the RL? - Yes!

2. Can you haul a Honda ATV in the RL? - Yes

3. Can you tow a Trailer loaded with Boat, Motorcycles or ATVs? - Yes.

4. Can you use the RL for Camping by your favorite Off-Roading Area that you've been enjoying via your Honda Off-Road PowerSport Equipment? - Yes.

5. Does the ROC Forum pic of an RL Hauling a Honda Motorcycle give a clue? - Yes.

6. Does the new 2021 RL add copy show an RL hauling two Honda Motorcycles? - Yes.

7. Does the new 2021 RL add copy show two Honda Motorcycle getting airborne? - Yes

8. Can you haul a Honda Generator, Motorboat Engine, or Lawn Mower in the RL? - Yes

Do you see my point? Look at all the Use Cases the RL fulfills if you're a PowerSports Owner...IN SPADES!!!

So I'm calling it a Honda Hauler. If you're not a PowerSports owner your thoughts about the RL are likely different and that's great since Honda made a Sale outside of their intended Customer Base.

Lastly...uh... the Honda Jet may not get pulled by an RL very often if ever but then how many Trucks have pulled a Honda Jet?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought about the tent, but when I camp I may be there in one spot for a few days. Yet, I may travel around a bit to hike or kayak. So I skipped the tent so I did not have to collapse and put it back up two or three times....more for beer runs! I would be interested how it works out for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts