Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
ridgerbarry said:
I have searched for them- but cant find em

anyone posted photos of a bed with Linex or another spray in liner?
If you have it -What is your experience?
I dont think spray-on bedliners are recomended for the RL.
Most posts I have read are against it. It definitely will interfere with the operation of your trunk lid, one being the weight of the spray-on material wont allow the trunk lid to stay up. Plus you have the hinges, clearances and rubber seal to contend with.

I purchased the ProTecta Skid Guard Liner Mat that many have recommended and it works great.

Check it out here : http://www.truckcustomizers.com/products/-BM-RM-IM/R4LRV4.3A.html

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Lingered_I said:
Can you post some pictures of your mat?
Sure can. I haven't decided to trim it yet. I just roll it forward a few feet to close the tailgate and unroll it to protect it when leaving it down.

If I trim it to fit I will put the short piece in the trunk for later use on the tailgate. The mat is 49" W x 77.25" L. Perfect fit and is heavy enough not to blow around. $44.63 + $12.00 shipping

I'm really happy with it so far.

Joe

Truck is dirty! :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
BIGBLOCKDODGE said:
Do you have to lift that mat up everytime you want to open the trunk? :confused:
I would suspect so. The only time I'd really want a mat (or tarp) would be to haul mulch, gravel, etc in the back to keep it from getting in the area around the trunk lid.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Lingered_I said:
Why would you want to spray in a composite liner into a truck that already has a composite bed?
I second that opinion, especially when there is a sub $4 repair kit, and the option to replace bed panels if they get damaged too badly. It's a truck, afterall. Yes, I don't want to damage my bed too much, but if I wanted to worry about it, I would have bought an SUV instead.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
BIGBLOCKDODGE said:
Do you have to lift that mat up everytime you want to open the trunk? :confused:[/QUO

I just roll the mat forward enough to open the trunk lid and it will stay open.
Then roll it back after closing it. It's simple, just roll it forward a few feet.

Otherwise you can open trunk lid with mat still on top of it with one hand and retrieve or place something in trunk with other hand but the lid wont stay open with mat on it.

If you use a spray-on bedliner I believe the weight of the material will kept the trunk lid from staying open on it's own. I may be wrong but I would certainly check this out before doing it. Although you could use something to prop the lid open like a stick or broom handle.

Whatever floats you boat. I find the mat works fine and it is easily removeable.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
swampler said:
I would suspect so. The only time I'd really want a mat (or tarp) would be to haul mulch, gravel, etc in the back to keep it from getting in the area around the trunk lid.
I use the rubber mat because everything I have hauled, metal gas cans, luggage, batteries, etc. slide all over the bed and scratch it. Even when tied down vibrations cause scrathing. NOTHING slides around on this mat. I know it's a truck but I'm anal about looks and resale value and can't stand scratches on my baby if it's preventable. :)

Using a tarp for mulch and gravel would work fine because they wont be sliding all over the bed. Also the tarp would be alot cheaper.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
JOZ RIDG said:
I purchased the ProTecta Skid Guard Liner Mat that many have recommended and it works great.

Check it out here : http://www.truckcustomizers.com/products/-BM-RM-IM/R4LRV4.3A.html
Just received mine - 1 day after ordering - with ground shipment to MD. Very pleased. Thanks for the tip. I'm not going to trim mine for now and will just see how I go on with it rolled up. Opening the trunk lid with the rolled up mat on top is no bother at all from a weight perspective. The trunk won't stay open but that's not really an issue. I can always roll the mat back a little further if necessary.

Quick note to Retrax cover owners - you'll need to trim any mat you buy around the drain tubes if you've installed them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lingered_I said:
Just received mine - 1 day after ordering - with ground shipment to MD. Very pleased. Thanks for the tip. I'm not going to trim mine for now and will just see how I go on with it rolled up. Opening the trunk lid with the rolled up mat on top is no bother at all from a weight perspective. The trunk won't stay open but that's not really an issue. I can always roll the mat back a little further if necessary.

Quick note to Retrax cover owners - you'll need to trim any mat you buy around the drain tubes if you've installed them.

Lingered I,

I also have a Retrax cover. Could you post pictures on the drain tubes with the mat in place? Thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have a similar mat that I bought for my 1985 Nissan pickup. I since have used it in 2 Ford Aerostars. I still have it and use it in my Toyota pickup. It is 20 years old and as good as new. It prevents things from moving during transit and protects the bed. I will also be using it in my Ridgeline when I buy it next month.. Well worth the small investment 20 years ago.:D

·
Registered
219 Posts
In the pics, I see the mat is rolled up a bit, I assume that piece rolls over the rear gate when put down. When thats rolled forward, no danger of it flapping around while driving? I would guess the air current may raise the mat right up?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
RedRidge442, I have a retrax and a bed mat. My mat is a piece of commercial rubber floor covering. it is about 1/8" thick and is heavy enough to stay put but remains flexible enough to roll up to gain easy access to the trunk. I simply cut a roughly 4" X 4" notch out of the front corners so that the mat does not interfere with the drain tubes. I don't have a picture but I think that you get the idea. If you need a picture I can take some and post them for you. I think that I remember someone posting a picture of their mat with the cut outs on one of the retrax threads.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I just ordered the mat as a Christmas present for my Ridgeline. It is just what I was looking for as I will be rolling it up and removing it when not needed and the length being the full amount to cover a down tailgate is just what I needed for my application. The only thing that would make it more perfect would be if it exactly covered the entire bed, including the little spaces fore and aft of the wheel wells, but then it would probably not be priced how it is, so that is the compromise I was willing to make.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
BillB said:
I just ordered the mat as a Christmas present for my Ridgeline. It is just what I was looking for as I will be rolling it up and removing it when not needed and the length being the full amount to cover a down tailgate is just what I needed for my application. The only thing that would make it more perfect would be if it exactly covered the entire bed, including the little spaces fore and aft of the wheel wells, but then it would probably not be priced how it is, so that is the compromise I was willing to make.
Now that's a great idea! A present for my RL........cool!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts