Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am putting this in one thread from posts I have found so far. If there are any others I have missed, please add them here.

It would be nice to keep this thread clean of discussion and maintain it as a buyer resource so folks that are buying can check easily w/o having to wade through lots of opinion-filled posts.

Thanks! :smile:

1) Tailgate smoothness and latch/unlatch both ways is poor (sticky or loose)
2) Rear seat folding and latching (up and down) is stiff
3) Plastic trim poor fit interior and exterior
4) Operate each window 10X please - some have failed after delivery
5) Missing twist tabs on bed power outlet door
6) Weatherstripping/gasket around the rear window was uneven (sticks out farther near the edges than in the middle)
7) Speaker cover that hides the dash speakers doesn't sit flush with the dashboard
8) Trim under taillights loose or uneven
9) Black rocker moldings especially on the forward part of the bed installed incorrectly
10) Interior lights not working(dome and map)
11) Side vent on dash not opening
12) Alignment (toe) off causing drift
13) Front grab handle loose
14) Bolt covers on top of rear roof garnish missing
15) Rear roof garnish (over back window) loose or trim fits poorly (tighten bolts covered by #15)
16) Steering wheel points right or left instead of straight when going straight
17) Voice prompts for Nav not working because center speaker was not connected

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
How about including the links from the referenced posts? That way we can follow how and if the defects were resolved by the dealer and/or Honda.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How about including the links from the referenced posts? That way we can follow how and if the defects were resolved by the dealer and/or Honda.
I could do that but do not have the time today what with the holiday activities. I would have to hunt down those threads, I can't remember them all. I mainly put this together for my own checklist when mine shows up. Someone else can do the links that if they want to if they have time before I do. Lots of stuff to do this week, guests, maybe the truck, and it is new moon (I am an amatuer astronomer).:smile:

I would suggest that when someone comes up with a new defect, they copy/paste the latest version of the list, add their defect, and repost the new longer list. That way the latest post will be the current version.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am putting this in one thread from posts I have found so far. If there are any others I have missed, please add them here.

It would be nice to keep this thread clean of discussion and maintain it as a buyer resource so folks that are buying can check easily w/o having to wade through lots of opinion-filled posts.

Thanks! :smile:

4) Operate each window 10X please - some have failed after delivery
6) Weatherstripping/gasket around the rear window was uneven (sticks out farther near the edges than in the middle)
7) Speaker cover that hides the dash speakers don't sit flush with the dashboard
9) Black rocker moldings especially on the forward part of the bed installed incorrectly
10) Interior lights not working(dome and map)
11) Side vent on dash not opening
12) Alignment (toe) off causing drift
15) Rear roof garnish (over back window) loose or trim fits poorly (tighten bolts covered by #15)
16) Steering wheel points right or left instead of straight when going straight
17) Voice prompts for Nav not working because center speaker was not connected
Don't know if it is an issue or not but on 2 vehicles, one pilot, one RL when I took the plastic engine cover off the rubber grommets fell onto and into the engine. Some were findable some were not. Not that you will take that part off a lot but if it is happening 2 for 2 brand new it is a concern. I take mine off regularly (gen 1)to wash it and clean out sand/ dirt form top of engine

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have found 3 paint spots (so far) where the paint is a "blob" as if there was debris/large clump of dust that it sprayed over. They are about the size of a snapped off #2 pencil lead point that is dull.
Spot #1: passenger side front fender fairing (plastic) in front of front wheel area
Spot #2: roof, driver side, 1/2 way between sunroof and rain / roof rack channel
Spot #3: Hood, passenger side , 1/3 up from front leading edge

This is a RTL-E in Obsidian Blue (gorgeous color)

I also found a patch of discolored/inconsistent/cloudy/discolored paint on the passenger side strip of body work between the rear passenger door and the "seam" that separates the cab from the bed. This looks like it was NOT buffed correctly at the factory (or at least I hope so....as that means I can get it fixed. If it truly is the paint underneath that is wrong...I have a permanent "birth mark" that is unsightly when you find it!

Good thing is: these not deal breakers...I own the car after all and am VERY pleased with the Gen2. Are these even something that can be buffed out?

What it has done is made me disappointed with the current Quality and Quality Control of Honda in general and Lincoln, AL plant in particular. It lends a degree of apprehension to Joe's 10,000 warning and others chiming in on 1st run/new generation issues and woes! I hunted down the highest VIN# I could secure/negotiate well on and buy in the hope a higher number turns out to be better....time will tell...

My 2011 Odyssey had/has flawless paint. My 1998 Accord was Japanese built and is still running like a tank.

Come on Honda...get the Lincoln printshop better dust filters / prep instruction and time!!

·
Super Moderator
2,842 Posts
Minor correction for whenever you or someone gets around to it:

7) Speaker cover that hides the center speaker don't sit flush with the dashboard

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Updated (7-11-16) and split into parked and driving:

Parked:

4) Please operate each window 10X please - some have failed after delivery
7) Speaker cover that hides the dash speakers don't sit flush with the dashboard
10) Black rocker moldings especially on the forward part of the bed installed incorrectly
11) Interior lights not working(dome and map)
12) Side vent on dash not opening
16) Doors close hard w/o windows open (check valve?)
17) Cosmetic plastic engine cover only had one of four grommets (three were missing altogether) holding it in place.
18) Trim under the hood that runs side to side just behind the grill tapping around, drivers side, near battery compartment - not fastened down
19) Remote start and remote all windows down is not working

Driving:

1) Faint whistle above 70 mph
2) Alignment (toe) off causing drift
3) Steering wheel points right or left instead of straight when going straight
4) Voice prompts for Nav not working because center speaker was not connected
5) "Rocking" motion on sudden stop (seems to vary in intensity depending on vehicle/driver)
6) Occasional "2-3 second lag" in acceleration on accelerating after full stop and sharp turn.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Updated and split into parked and driving:

Parked:

4) Please operate each window 10X please - some have failed after delivery
10) Black rocker moldings especially on the forward part of the bed installed incorrectly
11) Interior lights not working(dome and map)
12) Side vent on dash not opening
16) Doors close hard w/o windows open (check valve?)
17) Cosmetic plastic engine cover only had one of four grommets (three were missing altogether) holding it in place.
18) Trim under the hood that runs side to side just behind the grill tapping around, drivers side, near battery compartment - not fastened down

Driving:

1) Under floor rattle above 50 mph (see Parked # 18)
2) Faint whistle above 70 mph
3) Alignment (toe) off causing drift
4) Steering wheel points right or left instead of straight when going straight
5) Voice prompts for Nav not working because center speaker was not connected
For #15) Rear roof garnish (over back window) loose or trim fits poorly ...Should water coming from the roof "leak" or drip down (outside of) the back window through the seam between the roof and roof garnish over the back window? Or should the seam be tight enough that it wouldn't happen? It creates a little water "stain" stream there

thanks!

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
WOW wish the new vehicles made were PERFECT. I saw a long hair on the floor I looked at. Some issues posted to me are not worth it, it just might steer someone off as the list grows for the petty stuff, it could get VERY long. Stick with any real issues that might come up forget the one that doesnt have a plastic cover cap. One should inspect your new ride in time and contact the dealer for such a thing anyway.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
WOW wish the new vehicles made were PERFECT. I saw a long hair on the floor I looked at. Some issues posted to me are not worth it, it just might steer someone off as the list grows for the petty stuff, it could get VERY long. Stick with any real issues that might come up forget the one that doesn't have a plastic cover cap. One should inspect your new ride in time and contact the dealer for such a thing anyway.
This is simply a compilation of other posts so everything is in one place, nothing that is not posted elsewhere. It is done for easier inspection by folks who are taking delivery. It is a list of things found by others, I did not find any of these (don't have mine yet) and make no judgements - that is not up to me. Anyone with an ounce of sense can tell that these are largely not serious and are easy fixes. All vehicles have this sort of stuff for the most part and pretty much everyone knows that. That is not to say that they should be ignored or not looked for. It is also not to suggest that new owners should look only at these items, just that they should be given a specific look as not all are going to be immediately obvious.

I seriously doubt if any serious buyer is going to avoid the truck because of this sort of thing - I did not and at least half of these were already noted in other posts when I bought mine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
WOW wish the new vehicles made were PERFECT. I saw a long hair on the floor I looked at. Some issues posted to me are not worth it, it just might steer someone off as the list grows for the petty stuff, it could get VERY long. Stick with any real issues that might come up forget the one that doesnt have a plastic cover cap. One should inspect your new ride in time and contact the dealer for such a thing anyway.
None of the things listed here are too frivolous for me to be checking when investing $40k to $50k on a vehicle. I appreciate that they are consolidated here in a single thread. I'd rather identify and document these items at the outset than to be making a trip back to the dealer every few weeks with another little thing for them to fix/replace/order.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Roger that let the list grow big time for small issues. Carry on..........
Actually I just added the two "large" issues I know of from the forum as well. Of course opinions as to just how large these are seem to vary but they do belong on the list so buyers can look for them. OTOH, the list is intended to help buyers with things that can be found easily and corrected easily so something that is a design error (assuming these are) would not be in the "easily fixed" category, rather in the "wait for them to fix" or "don't buy this truck" category. Nonetheless, if something is even possibly abnormal, I think it should be on the list, regardless of the cause or severity. It is up the the buyer to decide if a possible issue is important to them and what to do, if anything.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: List of Factory Defects (pre-delivery checklist) - UPDATED

I got my RTL Black Edition this weekend 07.09.16. I found that I have a sticky tailgate, remote start and remote all windows down is not working. I brought it to the Honda service they will fix the tailgate but keyless remote they have to call the main office of Honda for a advice how to deal with it.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts