Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

121 - 140 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
^^^ We just picked up our RTL-E on Saturday. I will use the list you put together to go over every thing this week/weekend. Thanks!

I did detect the faint whistle above 70 mph driving the truck home from the dealership. :|
I didn't put it together, I just looked through the thread to try and find the latest complete list. I *think* that is the last update.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I hope that is everything, I finally got paper and printed out the list! I still have 498 sheets left if someone updates the list...
:grin:

·
Registered
44 Posts

This is an odd one... the strut cover on the passenger side was never put in place

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have noticed some difficulty with voice commands not being registered, and wonder how I can check the connection to the center speaker mentioned here. Any advice appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,040 Posts
My driver's side roof molding in the front is rising up a little. Maybe I will use a screw to keep it secure.:grin: Hopefully it wont get worse. What was the proper fix by the dealer
Did anyone else have the problem with the driver's side roof molding raising up a little? I am taking my G2 in for an oil change and will have Honda check it out. I know there was a TSB for the Pilot, but I have not heard much if anything here on the Ridgeline forum about this problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Heated steering wheel button doesn't work. No light, no heat. Brought it back to dealer where I waited an hour for them to diagnose the problem only to tell me I have to bring it back in a week for another hour while they reinstall a new switch that they have to order. Being September, I never thought to check this during test drive or when I picked it up.
Check your heated steering wheel!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just purchased a 18 RTL-T and I've notice that's when I open the tailgate down the plastic that covers the bottom handle rubs into the trunk and pushes it up. I'll most likely going to have to either trim that piece or take it to dealer and see what they say about it.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Someone previously posted about the air conditioning lines being too close together and what to do... just searched for 20 minutes and cannot find this now... any help appreciated.

·
Administrator
14,021 Posts
Someone previously posted about the air conditioning lines being too close together and what to do... just searched for 20 minutes and cannot find this now... any help appreciated.
Is this the post you were thinking about?

-AC lines chafing: open your hood and look at the two silver AC lines by the firewall (the ones with the service ports) mine were chafing together pretty tight. If this is not fixed, the lines will cut each other open. Take the upper line and gently bend it away from the lower line, save yourself major trauma. You want to keep your original AC* charge intact, and replacement of these lines may require serious dismantling of the truck and you always want to avoid that, even if it's covered

·
Registered
88 Posts
Quite a decent list of things to look for. I think there needs to be an updated version.

I used the list on picking up my RL last week. It passed everything except the rocker panel plastic on the drivers door, which when they looked at it, showed that the door itself was out of alignment. The tailgate was a bit stiff on downward opening, but has gotten better with a bit of use, or I've gotten used to the amount of pull required.

Since then, I've only encountered the mirrors not returning to the set position, but I'm guessing that has more to do with the fob and presets I'm using.

Apart from that, all is well. A minor issue with the Qvia dashcam I installed. It is *very* dark here and the motion sensor on the dash cam seems to get activated by the flashing dash security light, providing me with a few hundred motion events.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Quite a decent list of things to look for. I think there needs to be an updated version.

I used the list on picking up my RL last week. It passed everything except the rocker panel plastic on the drivers door, which when they looked at it, showed that the door itself was out of alignment. The tailgate was a bit stiff on downward opening, but has gotten better with a bit of use, or I've gotten used to the amount of pull required.

Since then, I've only encountered the mirrors not returning to the set position, but I'm guessing that has more to do with the fob and presets I'm using.

Apart from that, all is well. A minor issue with the Qvia dashcam I installed. It is *very* dark here and the motion sensor on the dash cam seems to get activated by the flashing dash security light, providing me with a few hundred motion events.
Yes This, anyone who could step up to revise?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Many thanks for the great reminders and suggestions as to what to look for prior to pick up. Here are a few things I caught during the final test drive and walk around last night:

1.) Cleanliness of interior: resolved by pre-delivery wash and vacuum
2.) Missing parts: fastener for right rear side cover in bed & Trunk drain plug. Parts ordered.
3.) Body work: 3 small but pronounced dings in upper middle Tailgate. Dealership will repair.

All other items on the lists in this forum checked out perfectly.

Thanks again.

Wes

·
Registered
328 Posts
Crunching noise when drivers window operates. Moves at about 2/3 the speed of other windows.

Dealer said they fixed it, but noise has returned when window raised. Speed still slightly slower than passenger window.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
328 Posts
Rear license plate is supposed to be attached with 4 M6-1.0 machine screws. Dealer used 2 sheet metal screws when attaching their "advertising" license frame. This damaged the threads in the top 2 clip nuts.

Picture shows clip nut with correct machine screw at left, incorrect sheet metal screw at right.

I've requested two replacement clip nuts and 4 proper sized machine screws from dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I believe someone else posted this, but make sure who have this part. I believe this is the Lid, R. Cowl Top Side.

Can't believe I missed this one during the final walk through.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I believe someone else posted this, but make sure who have this part. I believe this is the Lid, R. Cowl Top Side.

Can't believe I missed this one during the final walk through.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
That cover doesn't attach very well. Mine has blown off twice with the car washer blower.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That cover doesn't attach very well. Mine has blown off twice with the car washer blower.
Were you able to get resolution to this issue? I recently discovered this issue on my 2019 as well. The cover doesn't seem to fully snap into the window trim piece and comes over very easily.

121 - 140 of 176 Posts