Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
These defects really should not pass quality control before leaving the factory.

This is my first Honda since 2010, so even though I love my truck its a bit disappointing that standards have dropped, but I hope they correct some of these details before things get too bad

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a spot on the A pillar on my vehicle where the paint looks like it was peeled up and then painted over. This will require some body work to replace. Also found the side mirror was nicked by something and requiring touch up. And of course paint swirls all over the car.

Chrome trim also has rust spots already, 1 month into ownership

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
The key assembly fell out of the trunk lid. I've owned this 2019 for 4 months, and Honda has had it in their shop for 5 weeks correcting factory issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Being an anal vehicle owner and reading about these defects straight from the factory makes me rethink my decision on purchasing a 2020 when they come out.....

·
Registered
348 Posts
Being an anal vehicle owner and reading about these defects straight from the factory makes me rethink my decision on purchasing a 2020 when they come out.....
LOL, if we had found and read this list before purchasing our Ridgeline we may not be owning one today, but now three months, and 7,000 miles, later, the only problem we have encountered is the opening of the tailgate, which didn't occur until after we had the tonneau cover and OEM lock installed. Other wise if we haven't found a issue by now then obviously it can't be too much of a problem, can it? ;)

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
That would be a very good idea. I thought I was buying a new truck so I wouldn't have problems. I wish I had kept my 2010 Nissan Frontier.

·
Super Moderator
12,330 Posts
I got the towing package with my '18 RTL-T. First opportunity to tow a trailer, I find ½ of the stuff in the towing tray near spare tire was rummaged thru. Dealer wouldn't do shit about it.
All Ridgelines come from the factory with a hitch receiver. AWD models also come with a 7-pin trailer wiring connector.

The optional towing kit accessory includes a receiver cover, ball mount, and lock pin with two keys.

What are you missing?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Four items for me (took delivery a week ago):
  • Cover on right side of cowling below windshield missing. New cover arrived, but didn't snap in. New cowling on order.
  • Cover under glovebox loose. Technician said it was installed correctly and is just suspended there.
  • Trim loose behind RR headrest. I got that to snap in while the technician looked at the glovebox.
  • Awful plastic smell in trunk. I found that I could leave the trunk open, close the tailgate, and toggle the bed light switch to turn them off. A day of leaving the trunk open to the air while parked allowed the smell to disapate enough to use it for groceries.

·
Super Moderator
4,718 Posts
Four items for me (took delivery a week ago):
  • Cover under glovebox loose. Technician said it was installed correctly and is just suspended their
As I mentioned previously, the cover under the glovebox was loose on mine also. It was missing a fastener on the cover. It should not just flop around. I can't tell from the diagram if it is #16 or #18.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Crap.

My 2009 RL RTL (bought it in 2010 with 19K on it) has 206K and starting to look for a replacement. Nothing critical on my truck and its been reliable needing only maintenance but since I always need a reliable vehicle its best to look before you really need it.

I test drove a 2019 Tacoma and found it under powered and unresponsive compared to my RL. Also test drove a 2017 Canyon that felt a lot like my RL but leery of going back to stupid quality issues that have plagued American manufactures in the past.

It looks like Honda has the same stupid problems now. I agree with those that feel a $40-45K or higher vehicle should be right and not "thrown together".

141 - 159 of 159 Posts