Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am putting this in one thread from posts I have found so far. If there are any others I have missed, please add them here.

It would be nice to keep this thread clean of discussion and maintain it as a buyer resource so folks that are buying can check easily w/o having to wade through lots of opinion-filled posts.

Thanks! 😄

1) Tailgate smoothness and latch/unlatch both ways is poor (sticky or loose)
2) Rear seat folding and latching (up and down) is stiff
3) Plastic trim poor fit interior and exterior
4) Operate each window 10X please - some have failed after delivery
5) Missing twist tabs on bed power outlet door
6) Weatherstripping/gasket around the rear window was uneven (sticks out farther near the edges than in the middle)
7) Speaker cover that hides the dash speakers doesn't sit flush with the dashboard
8) Trim under taillights loose or uneven
9) Black rocker moldings especially on the forward part of the bed installed incorrectly
10) Interior lights not working(dome and map)
11) Side vent on dash not opening
12) Alignment (toe) off causing drift
13) Front grab handle loose
14) Bolt covers on top of rear roof garnish missing
15) Rear roof garnish (over back window) loose or trim fits poorly (tighten bolts covered by #15)
16) Steering wheel points right or left instead of straight when going straight
17) Voice prompts for Nav not working because center speaker was not connected
18) Ensure airconditioning is charged

·
Registered
12 Posts
All Ridgelines come from the factory with a hitch receiver. AWD models also come with a 7-pin trailer wiring connector.

The optional towing kit accessory includes a receiver cover, ball mount, and lock pin with two keys.

What are you missing?
I am missing the receiver cover, ball mount and lock pin. I was really distressed when I went to use it.

·
Administrator
14,013 Posts
I am missing the receiver cover, ball mount and lock pin. I was really distressed when I went to use it.
The towing kit that includes those items is not something that comes from the factory with any Ridgeline. It is an accessory that is available for purchase at an additional cost. While some dealers add some accessories to the vehicles they sell, I've never seen a dealer include a towing kit as one of those accessories.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Kinda weird - have the tray and missing half. perhaps they sold me a used truck for new. WOW Thank you
zroger73!! I appreciate the comment

·
Administrator
14,013 Posts
Kinda weird - have the tray and missing half. perhaps they sold me a used truck for new. WOW Thank you
zroger73!! I appreciate the comment
You're not missing anything. The Ridgeline does not come with a receiver cover, ball mount, or lock pin. You have to buy those items separately or as part of the Honda accessory towing kit for the Ridgeline. The tray above the spare tire has spots for those items, but it's not supposed to come with them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I will add mine to the list, albeit minor and you won't know unless you get rained on our something, but my front drivers side turn signal housing has water droplets in it. 2019 Sport AWD with 235 miles on it and a week old.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Adding one. Just picked up my 2019 RTL with Oct 2019 build date.

One of the chrome strips on the rear bumper - the chrome didn't seal properly on that little strip. Noticed it yesterday (2nd day with the truck). Clearly not attached (but it's the thin outer layer)

IMG_4297.JPG

·
Administrator
14,013 Posts
Adding one. Just picked up my 2019 RTL with Oct 2019 build date.

One of the chrome strips on the rear bumper - the chrome didn't seal properly on that little strip. Noticed it yesterday (2nd day with the truck). Clearly not attached (but it's the thin outer layer)

View attachment 398910
I doubt it left the factory like that. My guess is that the vehicle was damaged and repaired prior to you taking delivery of it and the wrinkles are due to the re-use of this part after it was peeled off and re-adhered instead of being replaced. But, that's just my suspicion. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I doubt it left the factory like that. My guess is that the vehicle was damaged and repaired prior to you taking delivery of it and the wrinkles are due to the re-use of this part after it was peeled off and re-adhered instead of being replaced. But, that's just my suspicion. :)

Gosh, that would stink. I should have noticed it the day I picked it up, but it was raining and cold so I didn't give it the full once over. But, it will be covered under warranty so not a huge deal.

Will wait a bit though before I get them blacked out as I'm kicking around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if this is the same as #11 or not.
RTL-E (purchased this month) right dash vent. Unable to get any air out of it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love my truck its a bit disappointing that standards have dropped
I am considering a trade of my F-150 for a Ridgeline. Main reason is the Honda quality I have experienced in the past. To me, the defects listed in this thread are shocking for a Honda.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Honda vehicles have slipped in quality from their legacy years. They're now just on par with industry average. This has been widely reported in the auto press. IMO, Honda has been getting by on its reputation, but current competition threatens to unseat it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Honda vehicles have slipped in quality from their legacy years. They're now just on par with industry average. This has been widely reported in the auto press. IMO, Honda has been getting by on its reputation, but current competition threatens to unseat it.
I like reading forums like this before making a purchase. I find actual owners far more honest than salesman or marketing. I am sorry to see people feel they need to take a punchlist to a Honda dealer to make sure their Ridgeline does not have known defects. The only place I have run in to this before is when buying a travel trailer. I never would have thought Honda would have come to this. All that aside though, the reviewers still rave about the truck and even with the defects pointed out the owners here seem to love their truck.

My impression from all of that is the core truck is solid. A really good truck. Even with those defects. I am still onboard to trade my F-150 for a Ridgeline.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
The Ridgeline enjoys a very high owner satisfaction rating in Consumer Reports -- much better than any other mid-sized truck.

·
Registered
'19 RTL-T
4 Posts
Purchased a 2019 RTL-T used with 377 miles that was a dealer demo driver. About the only complaint I have so far and I'm pretty picky would be the hood shaking at highway speeds. I know that there is a TSB on it plan to have the dealer address it with the first oil change (first two are free).

Otherwise, I'm perfectly satisfied with the vehicle. Rides almost as well as the RL (Acura) it replaced.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Many of the bugs have been worked out by now, although some issues (such as soft brakes) are more like ongoing characteristic traits than actual defects. It won't have the panel fitment of an Acura or a Lexus, but most of them are pretty good, and very good if you consider it's a pickup truck.

I haven't found anything to nitpick on my 2019 yet, although I've got less than 2000 miles on it. I bought it knowing that its quality would be on par with other trucks, and also that its reliability (which many confuse with quality) would be a little better than other mid-size trucks. I bought anyway because i valued other things such as how the vehicle drives, how it fits me, visibility out the windows (all around), just easy day-to-day driveability that makes life easier.

161 - 176 of 176 Posts