Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new white rtl-mr day before Thanksgiving. Went to familys home the next day and went to see if my tie was straight... no mirror over drivers visor. How much would that cost, $2.00? Cell phone was dead, went to charge it in the car while at work... no power at outlet without key on. Told salesman that seat heaters were a deal breaker... passenger seat heater only heats the bottom no back heat, (that sucks for the passenger especially since the passenger seat is manual adjust, should have noticed that before purchase but I didn't think to look). Having to unlock all the doors for passengers is getting tiresome. Love the car but the little things are starting to add up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
windswept said:
Picked up my new white rtl-mr day before Thanksgiving. Went to familys home the next day and went to see if my tie was straight... no mirror over drivers visor. How much would that cost, $2.00? Cell phone was dead, went to charge it in the car while at work... no power at outlet without key on. Told salesman that seat heaters were a deal breaker... passenger seat heater only heats the bottom no back heat, (that sucks for the passenger especially since the passenger seat is manual adjust, should have noticed that before purchase but I didn't think to look). Having to unlock all the doors for passengers is getting tiresome. Love the car but the little things are starting to add up.
1. Driver's side visor is not a cost issue, it's a safety issue. I know I've seen far too many people putting on make-up, etc. while driving down the road... If you're not that kind of person, what's it cost to get an after-market one, $3? ;)

2. No power at outlet without key on is a way to prevent your battery from dying should you leave something plugged in that requires juice.

3. I'll have to check my passenger seat (I don't ride in it very often) -- I thought the back was supposed to heat up on both sides.

4. Disable the auto-locking mechanism if it bothers you to have to unlock the passenger's doors. Alternatively, tell them to unlock it themselves ;) , or get the fuse box fix that others have mentioned on this site. I'm sure if you complain enough you can get a break on the cost.

BTW, welcome to the ROC... interesting first post... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,056 Posts
4. Disable the auto-locking mechanism if it bothers you to have to unlock the passenger's doors. Alternatively, tell them to unlock it themselves ;) , or get the fuse box fix that others have mentioned on this site. I'm sure if you complain enough you can get a break on the cost.
Check the build date of your RL (label on door jamb). If 09/05 or later (good chance since you bought in November), then you can change the settings to unlock all doors. If not, then you can use either of the fixes quoted above.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
720 Posts
flymuck said:
3. I'll have to check my passenger seat (I don't ride in it very often) -- I thought the back was supposed to heat up on both sides.

4. Disable the auto-locking mechanism if it bothers you to have to unlock the passenger's doors. Alternatively, tell them to unlock it themselves ;) , or get the fuse box fix that others have mentioned on this site. I'm sure if you complain enough you can get a break on the cost.
#3 - Yes it is true - done to make room for the extra sensors to automatically turn off the front air bag if the person is under the min. weight requirement for proper air bag deployment. (Same for the Honda Pilot)

#4 - Programming the Lock & unlock are in the "Quick" Start roll-a-dex looking small manual. (8/05 build date or newer is required, parts can be purchased if not the correct build date) Other people have purchased a remote start system that controls the locks as they wish.

Enjoy your new Truck!

TL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
tlaudio said:
#3 - Yes it is true - done to make room for the extra sensors to automatically turn off the front air bag if the person is under the min. weight requirement for proper air bag deployment. (Same for the Honda Pilot)TL
True for a lot of vehicles out there except for the truly luxury vehicles. My 2003 Accord was the same way. I think my wife's 2006 Tribeca is the same way.

There are also additional sensors to detect if the passenger is leaning towards the door. If so the side airbag will not deploy under low impact conditions. The side airbag deploying into someone who is in the path of the deploying airbag will cause more harm than good.

Besides most coats (if you are wearing one) don't cover your bottom. The cold leather is a bit much to take when you are only insulated from them with jeans/slacks as opposed to a shirt/sweater and jacket.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top