Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering id anyone has loaded an ATV/4 Wheeler in the back of there RL yet? Buying a new Polaris, anyone load using ramps? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Be sure and tye the ramps to your hitch or be sure that it won't slip off the end gate. It will fill up the bed. Be sure that you put a wheel stop so it won't hit the cab. Tie it down well and it will work just fine.

Tiger

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heres the dimesions, anyone help me? I am actually deployed over here to the desert, but just wondering. Will be there when I leave here and get back to Alaska. Hoping not to have any suprises.

Specs

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
For securely transporting your ATV, the Louisiana Guard Dog is simple and secure as long as you have the trailer hitch receiver to mount it to. Cabelas and B.P.S both carry them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I see outfitter you have 2 atv's and the rancher is just a bit smaller then the one i am getting. you ever load it in the back? any pics of it back there? mainly worried about width i guess. That gaurd is nice, need to get me a hitch though. wow i hope it will fit, no hitch, so cant even hook up trailer that i dont have anyways.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
timdebjake said:
Well I see outfitter you have 2 atv's and the rancher is just a bit smaller then the one i am getting. you ever load it in the back? any pics of it back there? mainly worried about width i guess. That gaurd is nice, need to get me a hitch though. wow i hope it will fit, no hitch, so cant even hook up trailer that i dont have anyways.
timdebjake,
I hauled the Recon home once in the bed with no problems, just used tiedown straps. I use a T trailer when hauling both ATV's back and forth from home. Width will not be an issue for any ATV's that I am aware of as we have 4' beds. I even had coolers, gas cans and other assorted gear in the bed when I hauled the Recon home. I used 4 straps (1 to each of the 4 lower tie down hooks in the bed) and you just need to make sure to compress the suspension on your ATV so it can't bounce lose if you will be on rough roads.

Doin it in style......the Ridgeline way! :cool:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I load my quad in the back of my RL every weekend and have no problems. I use Trifold aluminum ramps. I attach a bungee cord from the ramp to the tow hook on the truck to keep the ramps from kicking out. I obviously need to keep the tailgate down, but very little of the rear tires sit on the tailgate, most if it is just tire "over hang". 4 tie downs is the safest way to keep it in the back of the truck! I don't even know it is in the back when driving!

·
Registered
187 Posts
I haul my Honda Fourtrax 300 in the bed of my RT all the time. I have tried it both driving it straight in and backing it in. The main reason I tried backing it in was I figured there would be less weight on the tailgate. I used a wheel block and ratching tie downs. Here are some pics of the Ridge Hauling my ATV and My HONDA ATV getting the job done on the trails.

My Girl friend and I just celebrated our One Year Anniversary and she wanted to go out riding on the four wheeler (Yea shes a keeper!!) to check out some old abandoned train tracks(now torn up) and to go see the water damadge from all the flooding in our area recently.

The pictures are taken down by the River that flooded...It was really muddy we got stuck and made some deep ruts it was a BLAST!

:D :)

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had one float on me....good thing it floated too otherwise it would have been a goner....it rolled down a hill then landed on top of me....I pushed it off and it rolled down the hill farther into a lake and proceeded to float away....LOL......maybe you were on it which made it not float?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yea I was on it....Good to know your alright, I've had a serious accident or two with mine and I know what its like to think your gonna have the thing roll over the top of you and kill you lol. Keep on Riding!!!! Anyone know good places to ride in NY?

~Anthony:confused:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice ramps Anthony, where did you get those?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I got them at Pep Boys. I really love these ramps they look nice and they store really great. Only single issue I've had with them is they have plastic square caps at the end of them and they pop off everytime I use them but they dont serve any purpose other than looks and maybe to stop them from filling up with dirt. I also am always unloading and loading on gravel so that may be why. Ramps are rated at 600 pounds each (total 1200) and i got them for $100.

~Anthony

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the ramps:) . Went down to Pep Boys today and picked them up. They seem pretty heavy duty.

·
Registered
150 Posts
great thread guys... i just got an 07 RTX & quad as well. i have a 450r & have sold my trailer to load it up in the back. although i love the black widows, you can go to walmart & get ramps, well made ramps at that, for $78. they are by rei international & also have a rating of 600 lbs each. my question is, what is a good length to get. the walmart ones are 69 inches. the only time i would be loading solo is at my house, in which my driveway has a slant, so shouldnt be that bad. do you think 69-70 inches is good enough. please let me know, i'd appreciate it.

thanx
chap

1 - 20 of 20 Posts