962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been calling Honda once a week to voice
my dismay at not having the sliding rear window
in all trim levels.
I really want an RTL but cannot stand not having
an opening rear window.And 6k more to get one when the "E"
has a lot of stuff I don't want
I just had an F150 for 2 1/2 months without one from Honda.
HATED it!
Can we start a campaign to have the oversight fixed.
Joe do you think I have a snowballs chance in hell?

· Registered
556 Posts
This year or next year, probably not. There may be a good chance if there is a MMC (mid model refresh) on the Ridgeline in a few years. I would hope Honda would simplify and align the trim levels with the Canadian models.

I don't think it would be very cost effective, but you could pull the parts diagrams for a lower model and an RTL-E and compare what is different other than the window itself.

A friend of mine added that big panoramic sunroof to his F-150 a year after he bought it. His local body shop got all the parts (roof, sunroof, headliner etc) and installed it. It was several thousand dollars of work and he would never recoup it on resale, but in his case it was much cheaper than trading in and buying a new truck.

· Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,967 Posts
What you need to lobby for is a manual rear window option. The sunroof controls and the rear window controls are integrated.

Doesn't Canada get the rear window in all trims.
:grin:

Reactions: tjames007

· Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,898 Posts
+1

I'd lobby for that to at least the RTS/RTL level...

· Premium Member
608 Posts
Seems so but you pay a lot less for the vehicles.
I can't argue with that...I tried to buy a BlueDriver OBDII unit from Amazon.CA since they sell for $99.95CDN and Amazon.com sells them for $99.95USD and with the current exchange rate, I would save money on an identical product. They won't allow the sale out of country, so I was stuck buying from the US....and it is exactly the same unit, too.

After doing some analysis, I think that we keep looking at the USD>CDN exchange rate and Honda is looking at the Yen>CDN exchange when pricing their vehicles, in addition to various hidden issues like government regulation fees, etc., that exist on the US models sold in the USA but not on the Canadian ones, that are essentially 'exports'.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.