Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a phone call this morning from the dealer (Ralph Schomp Honda in Littleton, CO) where I purchased my RTL inviting me to a discussion regarding the Ridgeline - it's May 18, 7-9 PM and they're providing dinner. Apparently, an American Honda rep will be there to talk to us regarding product issues and enhancements (feedback I guess on what to consider for the next model year). I'm going, of course - should be interesting to meet fellow Ridge owners (I still haven't seen another one on the road here in the metro Denver area - I did finally see a silver Ridge parked in the Denver airport parking garage upon my return from a business trip this past Friday). Has anyone else been contacted by their dealer for something like this?

I also have to return a call to American Honda - they left a message while I was gone last week about wanting to talk to me about my experience so far with the truck.

-MileHigh
Denver, CO
RedRock Pearl RTL w/MR

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
mention that the RT model RL should have a manual lumbar support for the next year model upgrade. plz

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Very interesting. Good for you. You can be the voice for the rest of us who aren't as lucky. I look forward to hearing your comments about the experience.

Maybe you can print out the what we never use and wish we had thread to help you remember ideas we've had.

·
Registered
419 Posts
When I had my Ford F-250 Super-Duty, a group of us was on a site called Diesel-Stop.com and got together for a tour of the Louisville, Kentucky assembly plant. Ended-up, over three hundred owners showed up and to my surprise, Ford flew five engineers in from Detroit, Michigan to actually meet with our group. It was really interesting to actually realize Ford was wanting our input on this vehicle...and believe it or not, even took our advice (reason the 2001 and up vehicles have different style mirros and an transmission temperature gauge on the automatic transmissions.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Milehigh,

If they plan on going further west into AZ, let us know!

Thanks,

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi MileHigh -

I'm from Taos and have talked with the internet rep at Ralph Schomp after I saw your post about the $1,500 off MSRP. I could have gotten it but was not quite ready to take the plunge (the last 3 cars we have purchased were from the Denver metro area).

I have every Honda Dealer in the Denver area on a spreadsheet comparing their inventory for the past month and will do so for another couple of weeks. There hasn't been much movement. It seems like Ralph Schomp has moved more than any other dealer. I'm hoping I can get one for $750 over and NO, I MEAN NO add ons - stripes, clear bra, tint, etc.

I may be dreaming but I don't think so. They don't seem to be too popular up there. One dealer in Albuquerque who wanted to give me $1,000 less than low book on my bug and MSRP for a Green RL had a Green one on the floor and a white for demo. The green one is still there, the white one is gone and they have 2 silver ones now and have had them for about a month. They don't seem to be too popular in Albuquerque either.

I have really taken note of the VIN numbers after the info about the ones after 516000 - all the ones in the Denver area are previous to that - most in the 508 down. I really want a Green one with a VIN above 516000. See if you can get any poop about improvements and when they were made in regards to the VIN numbers (-:

Like everyone else, please post the results of your get-together. I have a 2003 VW Bug to sell and then I'm ready.

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
774 Posts
milehigh said:
I received a phone call this morning from the dealer (Ralph Schomp Honda in Littleton, CO) where I purchased my RTL inviting me to a discussion regarding the Ridgeline - it's May 18, 7-9 PM and they're providing dinner. Apparently, an American Honda rep will be there to talk to us regarding product issues and enhancements (feedback I guess on what to consider for the next model year). I'm going, of course - should be interesting to meet fellow Ridge owners (I still haven't seen another one on the road here in the metro Denver area - I did finally see a silver Ridge parked in the Denver airport parking garage upon my return from a business trip this past Friday). Has anyone else been contacted by their dealer for something like this?

I also have to return a call to American Honda - they left a message while I was gone last week about wanting to talk to me about my experience so far with the truck.

-MileHigh
Denver, CO
RedRock Pearl RTL w/MR

I was in your great city last week on a combination work/pleasure long weekend. We drove about 400 miles around the city and up to Estes Park. I was looking intently for RL's. Finally spotted one in Boulder- a brand new green one with roof rack. My count is now 3 (not including mine).

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm compiling a list of things about the Ridgeline (good, bad and suggestions) that I hope to discuss with the dealer/Honda rep at the gathering next week. I don't have many bad items I personally have experienced like the wind noise and such, but I'm going through this board to put together a "top ten" to bring with me. As far as anything negative that I've experienced, I don't like the auto unlock that just unlocks the driver's door when placed into park (I've voiced this already to American Honda when they called letting them know that not everyone has children, therefore this "safety" feature should be something that can be turned off) and I've been experiencing some engine hesitation when accelerating from a near stop, especially upon making a turn (a few others have mentioned here they've experienced this as well). The last 5 digits of my VIN are 07233, so I don't have a very early "version", but it's not very far down either. I still have yet to see a Ridgeline on the road in the metro Denver area, so maybe they're not selling as well here. I think Colorado tends to be a very traditional pickup truck market, so it might be a hard sell in this area. If asked by Honda about marketing the Ridgeline here, I'm going to tell them they just need to get people in one and drive it - some incentive for just coming in for a test drive. I think once people get in one, they'll really have to rethink their idea of what a pickup should be. I just love this truck to death and consider it one of the best vehicle purchases I've ever made.

---------------
MileHigh
RedRock Pearl RTL w/MR

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Milehigh,
I am so curious about this meeting with Honda people. How did the evening go? Please give us a report.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Group meeting with Honda

I just wanted to let everyone know the meeting with Honda did take place - there were a total of six of us (owners) that attended. I've been busy with work and all and haven't had a chance to sit down and write the details of how it went. We met with four people from Honda. One was the primary marketing person from the Los Angeles office, his counterpart from Japan, a customer rep from Los Angeles and, believe it or not, the chief engineer who headed the Ridgeline project. Apparently, they are traveling to 23 cities to conduct these "focus" groups to primarily find out what we do/don't like about the Ridgeline, our impressions/satisfaction, general questions, what we'd like to see changed and what kinds of enhancements to consider for the next model year. It was a very interesting and enlightening conversation - the entire thing was video taped by Honda, as well as several photos and the people from Honda came out to see our trucks and answer questions. They like our group so much (everyone was very interested in participating and offering their thoughts on the product - no one just sat there and nodded - we were all very active in the conversation), that they are wanting to talk to us more further down the road after we've all had more time with the truck. Myself and one other had theirs the longest - two months. The others only had theirs for a few weeks or less. Several insights on why things are the way they are with the current model, what sort of things they're already planning to change, a very detailed disucssion about why putting on aftermarket wheels and tires is NOT a good idea (the engineer was VERY clear on that), what's causing the wind noise on the early production units, and so forth. There's quite a bit to write about, so I'll sit down in the next 1-2 days and write this all down. In a nutshell, the Ridgeline is an extremely well engineered and thought out vehicle and Honda is very serious about what they're doing. I think we can all pretty much count on the Ridgeline being around for awhile and any other maufacturer that builds trucks should pay attention.

Oh... I plugged ROC to the entire group!

-------------------------
MileHigh
RTL RedRock Pearl w/MR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts