Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears I'm looking for a unicorn... I live in Cleveland and I've asked about 7 dealers in the area to get me an RTL-E in Forest Mist (i realize that this is a rare color/trim combo). They all say they can as soon as I put down a deposit, but I'm not playing that game until they can confirm that they've located one. One just told me he can't find any in the 3 state area, so that might be the first truthful statement. Any advice on locating a specific vehicle? I've been buying new cars for going on 20 years now and I'm amazed at how miserable and sleazy the the dealers continue to be. Nothing changes...

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yes, there seem to be very few of some colors. I have been trying to get a Blue or Red RTL-E and have had no luck at all and all the dealers tell me they have none coming. Just now I decided to go with a Modern Steel Metallic with black interior and have put down a deposit on that. The good news is that it will be in next week and has a fairly high VIN, around 5500, so at least some of the early assembly line issues should be dealt with. A bit more boring color-wise but may have a little better resale as it is less flashy. Actually paid a few hundred under MSRP with splash guards included at no charge, they paid the destination charge (that is a first), no "advertising fee" and got a book trade so I consider that to be pretty darn good at this point in time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It appears I'm looking for a unicorn... I live in Cleveland and I've asked about 7 dealers in the area to get me an RTL-E in Forest Mist (i realize that this is a rare color/trim combo). They all say they can as soon as I put down a deposit, but I'm not playing that game until they can confirm that they've located one. One just told me he can't find any in the 3 state area, so that might be the first truthful statement. Any advice on locating a specific vehicle? I've been buying new cars for going on 20 years now and I'm amazed at how miserable and sleazy the the dealers continue to be. Nothing changes...
I'm receiving mine here in greenville Sc in one week. Dont know why the Forest mist RTL-E is so rare? Any thoughts?
Looking forward to my delivery. I love the understated/muted/ what color is that exactly aspect.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I bought the RTL-E in Forest Mist but would've rather had the red with beige interior. The forest mist is a cool color though... The dealer I bought from in SoCal had a number of trims in forest mist so that's where they all are!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts