Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They used to be yellow/black and yellow/green in the drives side kick plate area on the older generation. Anyone know what they are on the 2017, I'm looking in the same area and do not see the same colors? Have a pop n lock tailgate lock installed just need to get it wired in and tested.

Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Why not pull from the back doors? It would be easier to find the wire there unless you want to lock and unlock with the drivers door. The difference is the priority lock and unlock and off the pass doors it would be unlock with the rest of the doors. It would also "move less" and might last longer over time.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I think I get that. But it still gets a signal to lock it or unlock with drivers door. Switch in cubby turns it on or off.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
No. It is just a trunk pop solenoid. It either get power to work or it doesn't. It is not an actuator which throws in two directions. There is no lock or unlock signal.

·
Registered
441 Posts
They used to be yellow/black and yellow/green in the drives side kick plate area on the older generation. Anyone know what they are on the 2017, I'm looking in the same area and do not see the same colors? Have a pop n lock tailgate lock installed just need to get it wired in and tested.

Thanks
With Pop n lock stating they won't have a lock for the 2017 out until 2017, which truck model did you go with that works? Can't believe nobody has asked you this yet!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update... So I took apart the trunk latch setup and it8ezbngrn is correct, no lock/unlock signal back there. I also took off the rear door card, not much access in there to run the wires. So I'm still looking in the fuse panel area in the drivers side kick panel like the older model's kit uses.

I used the 2014 Ridgeline Pop N' Lock kit... The key setup does not work at all and needs a complete redesign given the changes to the tailgate and with the backup camera on the RTL-E. I did not really care about the key portion of it, rather the locking bracket and actuator is what I was after. These portions fit and work fine, needed to add a block under the actuator to prevent rattling.

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4YAMGiU68T7d3d1V2g2MjVMRjA

·
Registered
246 Posts
You grab the wires in the cabin right before they go out the grommet to the door. Remove the F & R doorsills and the B pillar and you should be able to grab the wires there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw on YouTube you connect to small red and small yellow wires. I tried that no power. I don't anything about how to test the wires to determine witch wires to use. any help on the testing process what be great. Please include what I need and how to hook it up? Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts