Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i looked but couldnt find this specific issue on here so Im starting a new thread. If someone knows of the answer please just link.

2006 Ridgeline RTL.

I want to change the settings from unlock driver door when in park to unlock all doors when in park. Currently, no door other than the driver door unlocks when switched to park or the OFF setting with ignition. I took it to Honda for an oil change and they couldnt figure it out either. When going through the procedure, only the second CLICK occurs with no third click...
Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Not sure others that know for sure chime in but 2006 model is that the issue with fuse box needs to be changed for door locks setting to work like poster want's.
If nobody answers do a search for this in 2006-2007 year.
2007 model I think it was fixed but not 2006.

Reactions: Carsmak

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
2006 model is that the issue with fuse box needs to be changed for door locks setting to work like poster want's.
That's partially correct. Early 2006 models do not have this feature. Later 2006 models had this feature added in the mfg process.

IIRC, you can tell by the build date. I think prior to Sept 2005 was the distinction, but I could be wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
FOUND IT!
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...-fixing-missing-all-door-unlock-function.html
Ridgelines built before September 2005 do not unlock all the doors when the vehicle is placed into Park. Only the drivers door unlocks. Sometime in September 2005 (VIN unknown) Honda rectified this by fitting a new Relay / Fuse Box Assembly - part# 38200-SJC-A02 for RT and 38200-SJC-A12 for RTS/RTL. (The original parts are A01 & A11). The new part is around $24, which is surprising when you see how substantial it is (post#7 below).{edit} After initially being available at this price, Honda increased the price considerably, to as much as $95 in some cases.

Reactions: Carsmak
1 - 3 of 3 Posts