Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2020 RTL-E. In the glove box there is some sort of locking cap where you use the key in the fob to active the lock. Can someone tell me where this is used or what is it for? I asked my sales guy and he told me it was for the trailer hitch, but I cannot figure this one out....Please help if you can. Thanks, Lou C

Premium Member
I don't have a 2020 but rumor has it that if you take that "locking cap" around to the rear of your Ridgeline you will find an access hole to the trunk cable release located under the tailgate that the locking cap is designed to fill and provide security from curious hands.

Registered
I just picked up a 2020 RTL-E. In the glove box there is some sort of locking cap where you use the key in the fob to active the lock. Can someone tell me where this is used or what is it for? I asked my sales guy and he told me it was for the trailer hitch, but I cannot figure this one out....Please help if you can. Thanks, Lou C
Check the other 160 pages.
We own a 2019 and assuming what the OP is describing is a new feature of the 2020? Well, I just did a quick perusal through the owners manual for the 2020 online and must have overlooked what the OP is describing? Would you please be so kind HRL383 to point out which page the OP should be referencing?
Thank you,
Bill

Added note:

At 2:30, is this what the OP is referencing?

bill

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have a 2020 but rumor has it that if you take that "locking cap" around to the rear of your Ridgeline you will find an access hole to the trunk cable release located under the tailgate that the locking cap is designed to fill and provide security from curious hands.
You hit it exactly. Thanks. I was able to install it once I found out where!

Registered
........... Would you please be so kind HRL383 to point out which page the OP should be referencing?
Thank you,
Bill

You may/may not have overlooked it while perusing. I don鈥檛 know what page......our 2017 did not come with a 2020 Owner鈥檚 Guide. 馃う鈥嶁檪锔 Just having a little fun with the OP.;)

Registered
Nice feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts