Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So does everyone like the "beep" confirmation when you hit the Lock button on the FOB? I'd prefer the old fashion horn. Sometimes I can't hear the "beep" in busy parking lots. Wish there was a setting to turn on the horn as a confirmation when locking the doors.

Registered
I rarely use the fob for locking... just push the door button as I walk away. But I can't say I have an issue hearing the beep, even in the city. It is higher pitched than a horn though, so I can imagine it being an issue.

Premium Member
So does everyone like the "beep" confirmation when you hit the Lock button on the FOB? I'd prefer the old fashion horn. Sometimes I can't hear the "beep" in busy parking lots. Wish there was a setting to turn on the horn as a confirmation when locking the doors.
When I first got mine, I felt the same way. Now I have tuned in to the beeping, and I hear it just fine. That, coupled with the multi-beeping for the times it does not auto-lock works well for me.

Registered
The less beeping, honking, and flashing, the happier I am. Custom settings toggled accordingly as much as possible, I'm happy with that.

I'm a 'slow mover' 鈥. as I depart the RL with one ear cocked to listen I can usually hear the locks engage, that's enough confirmation for me. Seems that my walk-away locks engage with only a very few steps distance.

Registered
I definitely prefer the beeping over a horn honk. I can hear the beep unless the parking lot I very noisy. If I don鈥檛 hear the beep, I usually pull out the FOB and hit the lock button while looking at the parking lights.

Registered
Posted this a few times in the Generation 1 section over the years.The G1 has horn honk as many of the Honda products also did.
The Acura models had soft beep like my 2000 3.2 TL does factory key fob alarrm but the 2007 Ridgeline horn honks if fob is pressed again to confirm lock. If you come home late at night early in mourning you don't wan't that horn honk waking your neighbor up .

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Posted this a few times in the Generation 1 section over the years.The G1 has horn honk as many of the Honda products also did.
The Acura models had soft beep like my 2000 3.2 TL does factory key fob alarrm but the 2007 Ridgeline horn honks if fob is pressed again to confirm lock. If you come home late at night early in mourning you don't wan't that horn honk waking your neighbor up .
Oh well, progress......I guess. :)

Registered
On the 2019 RT-L you can hard lock the door using the metal key that鈥檚 inside the fob But you also have to use the physical key to unlock when you return. This method stops the beeping & you know it鈥檚 locked. It鈥檚 also the only way that you can leave the vehicle running and lock the doors.

Registered
NOISE POLLUTION!!!
Just last night someone was playing with theirs in a parking lot, I'm trying to load groceries and have to listen to that repetitive as well as everyone else's noises...and slamming doors...
Mine died at some point so I watch the headlights, and don't contribute to noise pollution...
I DO like the fact that it fails if all doors aren't completed closed... quite a safety solution...

Registered
On the 2019 RT-L you can hard lock the door using the metal key that鈥檚 inside the fob But you also have to use the physical key to unlock when you return. This method stops the beeping & you know it鈥檚 locked. It鈥檚 also the only way that you can leave the vehicle running and lock the doors.
Just like my parents' 1963 Oldsmobile when I was a kid - no way to lock the keys in. A couple of my kids coulda used that "feature" in college, lol.

Registered
I miss having the horn with lock feature. My 2003 RSX does it and it's nice to always be able to hear. Sometimes I don't remember exactly where I parked and honk the horn to find my way. Other times I am trying to lock from my house and I cannot hear the beep at all, but the RSX horn I can hear clearly. I've taken to watching for my turn signals to flash to know the truck is locked from the house.

Registered
They should never honk, and any beep should be very quiet. No reason to announce to everyone within hundreds of feet that you are locking you truck. A whole lot of sleep is lost because of people honking their horns when locking their cars. It is annoying in parking lots, and wakes people up in residential areas or hotel parking lots. No vehicle should be able to honk from locking it--that should be illegal. I set mine so it doesn't even beep. Usually I just press the button on the door and I can hear the click, or you can look to see the lights flash, but no need to startle other folks. Please don't do it. Thank you.

Registered
Just like my parents' 1963 Oldsmobile when I was a kid - no way to lock the keys in. A couple of my kids coulda used that "feature" in college, lol.
It is so amusing to listen to folks getting stressed with the comparative simplicity of having to just push a button, sometimes twice, to lock and unlock our vehicles today. .:devilish:

Yep, we had it so rough back then where to enter a vehicle we had to physically unlock the driver's door with a key, get in and reach across to physically unlock the passenger door. To exit the vehicle we had to do the opposite of allowing the passenger to get out of the vehicle, physically lock the door, get out the driver's door, then turn and physically lock it, though there was no need for a beep or a horn for there was no doubt that the vehicle was locked. ;)

Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts