Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
most aftermarket remote car starters have a option to remove the key and still leave vehicle running. usually you press the remote start button or hold it, then remove the key and lock the doors as normal. you will be able to remove the key, leave the engine running. and when you come back out, will be the same as if you remote started your vehicle.
i could do this on my 01 civic with a remote starter
i know the factory fob wont let the doors lock from the fob when in or out of the vehicle. you have to use the button on door or manually push the lock tab

·
Registered
5 Posts
I carry my girls (4 legged) with me in my Ridgeline all the time and with things getting warmer now I am wondering if there is a way to keep my car running AND lock the doors if I am running into a store etc?

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
584 Posts
I carry my girls (4 legged) with me in my Ridgeline all the time and with things getting warmer now I am wondering if there is a way to keep my car running AND lock the doors if I am running into a store etc?
Read this thread from the beginning, there are several suggestions to accomplish your goal.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I leave the windows down for the dogs if they're in the truck in warm weather. If I'm going someplace where I can't do that I don't bring them.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts