Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I am a new Ridgeline owner and I am looking for a Locking Tonneau cover, that will also lock the tailgate. Can anyone please help me out with this.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The OEM tonneau has a gate lock.

I have the Honda OEM but added the Dynolock - and I love it.

Others on this board will mention the less expensive tonneaus like Back-flip and the like.

Search for threads and you will find lots of inf.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leo thanks for replying, I have two questions for you.

1) The OEM cover doesn't that already lock the tailgate?

2) Which Dynolock did you purchase?

·
Registered
2013 Sport
630 Posts
Let me preface all this by saying I run with a naked bed, and this is all info gleaned from several years on the site:

The OEM cover comes with a latch mechanism that hold the tailgate closed. It's not really a lock per se, imagine a gate latch on the inside of the bed. The OEM cover locks down, thus the bed is secure. Without this latch mechanism, the tailgate could be opened with the cover locked.

The Dynolock adds a jamming mechanism inside the tailgate that prevents the handles from working. I believe it can be wired into the door locks to un-jam when the doors are locked, and re-jam when the doors lock. The advantage of this over the latch mechanism is the cover doesn't have to be opened to unlock the tailgate. So it there is snow on the cover you can get the tailgate open without having to clear the cover.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for replying to this message.....

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase a good Tonneau cover like the backflip for a reasonable price or can you recommend a different Tonneau cover that locks and is secure against break ins?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Don't forget about the group buy for the Pop & Lock! Click on the link below for more information! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts