Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport; metallic red, 9/21 manufacture date
39 Posts
I have the Lomax Trifold Diamond Plate on my Red 2021 Ridgeline Sport. I like the diamond plate as it doesn't get as hot underneath it as the black covers. It also gives the impression of a "stronger" cover rather than the matte covers; even though if anyone wanted in the bed of the truck bad enough, any of these covers could be popped off. There is only the tiniest amount of water leak, but I do notice when I go from very hot weather to quickly cold weather and driving a lot, I get some condensation on the underside of the diamond plate.

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

· Registered
39 Posts
One question, do you get much reflection into the cab because of the shiny mirrored appearance?
Gusto!
No glare off the diamond plate; very rarely does my rear dashcam (not installed in this photo yet) get any glare off of it, and I've never noticed any glare when inside the cab. Get a fair amount of glare off of my front dash mat, the DashMat® 62108-00-47 - Limited Edition™ Gray Polyester Custom Dash Cover. It is noticable to me driving sometimes, but very noticable on the front dashcam. I got a lighter color (light gray) rather than black to hopefully deflect more heat but that might have been a bad plan as I don't think the black dashmats cause any reflection.

Yes, I agree, on a black exterior, a black matte looks best!

· Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the great information. I’ve been debating whether this is something I can install myself, as I’m not particularly handy. Front what I’ve read in the many posts on ROC, it sounds like it’s a matter of using a Torx bit to unscrew the bolts, which should be easy enough. I do worry about getting the rails straight/level and not hurting the composite bed as I reinstall the bolts though.
I installed my Lomax tri-fold diamond back all by myself, so I'm sure you can also! What I also like is I can easily take this cover off quickly by myself if I need to.

The only problem I had was 1 of the 6 stock bed bolts was waaaay over-torqued and it took a screw extractor to get it out, so I had to get a replacement bolt if I wanted to return to the stock bolts. For the gen2, it is honda part #90109-T6Z-A00. I am fortunate that the the threads were not permanently stripped in the truck bed. Looked like the other bolts had permatex on them and hadn't seized, so I put permatex anti-seize on them when I put them back in. The Lomax came with slightly longer bolts than the stock (same torque screw size) to account for the rail bracket being inserted between the bolt and the bed; as I was able to finish the job before the replacement stock bolt arrived. No problems with scratching the bed if you take your time and put some scrap carpet or something in the bed of the truck while you're working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts