Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
The OEM sits on top of the bed rails and has a large profile and looks like poop IMPO. The Lomax looks awesome!
I definitely agree that the OEM isn’t the best looking, but it seems to be the only tonneau that gives full access to the in-bed trunk. The Lomax and the other covers like the Bakflip MX4 look way better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The install of the LOMAX in the Ridgeline is real simple. Remove the 3 bolts in the bed on each side of the Ridgeline and install the one piece rail on each side. Line up rail to top of bed. Install top check for alignment. Once happy, tighten bolts you’re done! Took my son and I less than 1/2 hour to do. You could do it by yourself but easily done with an extra hand.

You CAN do this!

Gusto!
Thanks for describing the process, as well as all the pictures you posted. It does seem like something my wife and I could handle, or I could get a friend to assist. Did you do any additional waterproofing to make the tonneau and bed more water right? I saw several good posts from Phineas detailing that process.

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,665 Posts
Do you lose any of the tie downs with the LoMax?
The tie downs go on top of the tonneau cover brackets.

·
Registered
2022 Black Edition (black) 18Nov21
530 Posts
Thanks for describing the process, as well as all the pictures you posted. It does seem like something my wife and I could handle, or I could get a friend to assist. Did you do any additional waterproofing to make the tonneau and bed more water right? I saw several good posts from Phineas detailing that process.
I have done no additional water proofing. I did travel to several different stores during a deluge. Had the truck in the elements for almost 4 hours. When I go home there was a small about, guessing about a cup, or rain near the front of the bed. As I normally don’t use my truck as a work truck no need to venture out in bad weather. I would normally not leave anything sensitive to extreme water in the bed. Plus being garaged takes away any concerns.

·
Premium Member
1,665 Posts
No, there are tie-downs already installed in the bed all underneath the cover.

Gusto!
Yes...I know there are tie downs installed in the bed. Most all tonneau covers have you remove the upper tie down brackets in the bed to install the tonneau brackets to secure the cover. You can then reinstall the tie down bracket on top of the tonneau cover bracket. Does the Lomax not install that way???

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yes...I know there are tie downs installed in the bed. Most all tonneau covers have you remove the upper tie down brackets in the bed to install the tonneau brackets to secure the cover. You can then reinstall the tie down bracket on top of the tonneau cover bracket. Does the Lomax not install that way???
No it does not. Any/all tie downs are not touched in any way.

The LOMAX has two rails. These rails are put on by removing the 3 OEM bolts on each side as longer bolts replace the in exact same spot. Total of 6 bolts (three on each side. That’s the ONLY thing needed to install the cover. As the cover is pushed as far forward as possible it rest on top of the bed that buts up against the rear window. Watch the video I posted above.

Gusto!

·
Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
8,834 Posts
@Sparkland - first thing you need to know it’s 8 degrees in my garage. Blizzard going on outside. Glad I could remain in my 4 car garage! (Yes, I’m bragging). Here’s a few pics.

Tri-fold operates easily. You can open or close the cover or the tailgate in any order. Doesn’t matter which one open/close first.
View attachment 421939

In full disclosure, the trunk opens up but stops about 2 inches from being fully opened. The two rails the cover sits on prevents fully opening it. But, not an issue.
View attachment 421940

Finally, you can see when fully open it still rides on the rails for 22 inches.

But here’s the best part. With the model I have (minus the hook to roof model) pull down the release cables, slide cover back a couple of inches and it lifts right off!! Leave at home or take it with as it fits nicely in the bed of the truck.
View attachment 421941

Edit: Where I live along the coast of Maine we could get 20 inches or more of snow before it ends.
View attachment 421942
Gusto!
I would have loved to see the AFC title game being played in Buffalo tomorrow. But alas, the Chiefs ruined that scenario.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my ‘21 BE last week and really like it. I have been reviewing tonneau covers for the last month and struggled with decision. Almost went back to Extang 2.0 soft tri-fold which I had on the ‘18 RTL-T. It was good. But I found a great deal on a Lomax hard tri fold on TonneauCovered.com. Super price and fast shipping.
Just wanted to share experience. The install was the easiest I have experienced in my last four covers. The fit is exceptional. It appears really well made, looks great, and is easy open and close. Very solid.
Will see how it performs over time but right now I would give it 5 stars.
I went with the Access soft cover, on my 2019. Pros- it adds an inch and a half to the depth of the bed, so the cover when down allows for more stowage than other covers. Installation was about 2 hours ( and a handier DIY'er would knock time off that...). It's re tensioning adjustment is easy and the rails seal pretty tightly to the sides of the bed. It Not totally watertight but pretty close. Inexpensive. CONs- the side rails cut into bed space by about an inch on each side; so the trunk bed hatch does not fully open. It's not a big deal, I can get everything i need in and out of the bed locker but the top needs to held open. It won't stay up on its own. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my ‘21 BE last week and really like it. I have been reviewing tonneau covers for the last month and struggled with decision. Almost went back to Extang 2.0 soft tri-fold which I had on the ‘18 RTL-T. It was good. But I found a great deal on a Lomax hard tri fold on TonneauCovered.com. Super price and fast shipping.
Just wanted to share experience. The install was the easiest I have experienced in my last four covers. The fit is exceptional. It appears really well made, looks great, and is easy open and close. Very solid.
I'd get a BakFlip MX4 cover. Best reviews on the net. Getting one soon.

·
Premium Member
1,665 Posts
Still loving my Bak X4S!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have had the Lomax on my 2019 for 3 yrs now. Still going strong. There are a few scratches on top but other than that, no issues with the product. My only complaint is that the side rails limit how far the trunk opens. Not a big deal but if you do get one, know there is a clearance issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
530 Posts
I really appreciate this thread. I have a Lomax Tri-Fold Matt Black cover arriving today for my 2022 RTL. I think it will be a very nice look and addition to the N.A.R.T.:)
NART? Oh, if you spent money on it it’s real!!
Excellent choice! Get an extra hand to help out. A lot easier to install.

Gusto!

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL, 2019 Pilot EX-L
281 Posts
I am on my 3rd. Extang 2.0 soft tri-fold, different trucks. I love them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just went to their site and didn't see Lomax listed, I did get a nice pop-up wanting me to talk to someone, which I hate.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes - Matt black. It exactly matches the rest of the Matt black trim on the truck.

Gusto!

Note: I actually went to a dealer that primary sold a variety of different name brand covers for a living. Once I compared the build quality, ease of installation and the simplicity of usage I was sold! I didn’t buy there. Too expensive. Went online and found best deal and purchased.

Gusto!
What is up with the "Gusto" Is that a Maine thing?

·
Registered
530 Posts
What is up with the "Gusto" Is that a Maine thing?
Maine thing? No. My nickname is “Gus” Many, many years ago I wasn’t the stand up citizen I am today. At certain venues, I’ll leave that to the imagination, someone would yell GUSTO! We’d all, at least me, would raise the glass of whatever beverage I was drinking and down the rest. I was usually the last man (idiot) standing at the end of the night playing that game. Then I would drive everyone home. You have to remember this is the late 60s early 70s.

Over time my nickname grew from Gus to……….

Gusto!

21 - 40 of 79 Posts