Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL, 2019 Pilot EX-L
281 Posts
Maine thing? No. My nickname is “Gus” Many, many years ago I wasn’t the stand up citizen I am today. At certain venues, I’ll leave that to the imagination, someone would yell GUSTO! We’d all, at least me, would raise the glass of whatever beverage I was drinking and down the rest. I was usually the last man (idiot) standing at the end of the night playing that game. Then I would drive everyone home. You have to remember this is the late 60s early 70s.

Over time my nickname grew from Gus to……….

Gusto!
Cool, thanks very much and I like the nickname. It just sounded like something from Maine. We're from Kentucky and everything around here is bourbon and horses.

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
17 Posts
I'm another very satisfied Lomax owner, for all of the reasons already stated. I will note that I'm not terribly mechanically inclined, and even I was able to install this tonneau with very little difficulty and very quickly. The only issue I had was with the truck, not the tonneau, in that one of the bolts was so tight that I had to take it to a shop with an impact driver to get it loose. I'll also note that three of the four doohickeys (that's the technical term, I'm sure) that serve as pads for the folded up panels came loose, but Lomax is shipping me replacements without any question, and I'll just make sure they're really glued down well this time.

·
Registered
2022 Black Edition (black) 18Nov21
530 Posts
I'm another very satisfied Lomax owner, for all of the reasons already stated. I will note that I'm not terribly mechanically inclined, and even I was able to install this tonneau with very little difficulty and very quickly. The only issue I had was with the truck, not the tonneau, in that one of the bolts was so tight that I had to take it to a shop with an impact driver to get it loose. I'll also note that three of the four doohickeys (that's the technical term, I'm sure) that serve as pads for the folded up panels came loose, but Lomax is shipping me replacements without any question, and I'll just make sure they're really glued down well this time.
Good deal. One suggestion, make sure after a couple of months you recheck the rail bolts to make sure they’re still tight. I checked mine. No issues but gave me peace of mind.

Gusto!

·
Registered
2021 Ridgeline Sport; metallic red, 9/21 manufacture date
39 Posts
I have the Lomax Trifold Diamond Plate on my Red 2021 Ridgeline Sport. I like the diamond plate as it doesn't get as hot underneath it as the black covers. It also gives the impression of a "stronger" cover rather than the matte covers; even though if anyone wanted in the bed of the truck bad enough, any of these covers could be popped off. There is only the tiniest amount of water leak, but I do notice when I go from very hot weather to quickly cold weather and driving a lot, I get some condensation on the underside of the diamond plate.

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have the Lomax Trifold Diamond Plate on my Red 2021 Ridgeline Sport. I like the diamond plate as it doesn't get as hot underneath it as the black covers. It also gives the impression of a "stronger" cover rather than the matte covers; even though if anyone wanted in the bed of the truck bad enough, any of these covers could be popped off. There is only the tiniest amount of water leak, but I do notice when I go from very hot weather to quickly cold weather and driving a lot, I get some condensation on the underside of the diamond plate.

View attachment 422329
Looks very nice on the red. The diamond back gives it a very solid appearance. If the LOMAX logo was present I couldn’t see it. Which is a good thing. I considered the diamond back but thought the matt black was a better look for my black truck.

A red and silver combo is always a classic look. One question, do you get much reflection into the cab because of the shiny mirrored appearance?

Gusto!

·
Registered
39 Posts
One question, do you get much reflection into the cab because of the shiny mirrored appearance?
Gusto!
No glare off the diamond plate; very rarely does my rear dashcam (not installed in this photo yet) get any glare off of it, and I've never noticed any glare when inside the cab. Get a fair amount of glare off of my front dash mat, the DashMat® 62108-00-47 - Limited Edition™ Gray Polyester Custom Dash Cover. It is noticable to me driving sometimes, but very noticable on the front dashcam. I got a lighter color (light gray) rather than black to hopefully deflect more heat but that might have been a bad plan as I don't think the black dashmats cause any reflection.

Yes, I agree, on a black exterior, a black matte looks best!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the great information. I’ve been debating whether this is something I can install myself, as I’m not particularly handy. Front what I’ve read in the many posts on ROC, it sounds like it’s a matter of using a Torx bit to unscrew the bolts, which should be easy enough. I do worry about getting the rails straight/level and not hurting the composite bed as I reinstall the bolts though.
I installed my Lomax tri-fold diamond back all by myself, so I'm sure you can also! What I also like is I can easily take this cover off quickly by myself if I need to.

The only problem I had was 1 of the 6 stock bed bolts was waaaay over-torqued and it took a screw extractor to get it out, so I had to get a replacement bolt if I wanted to return to the stock bolts. For the gen2, it is honda part #90109-T6Z-A00. I am fortunate that the the threads were not permanently stripped in the truck bed. Looked like the other bolts had permatex on them and hadn't seized, so I put permatex anti-seize on them when I put them back in. The Lomax came with slightly longer bolts than the stock (same torque screw size) to account for the rail bracket being inserted between the bolt and the bed; as I was able to finish the job before the replacement stock bolt arrived. No problems with scratching the bed if you take your time and put some scrap carpet or something in the bed of the truck while you're working.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yay! FedEx delivered my Lomax Tri Fold Matte Black tonneau cover today (Super Bowl Sunday) from TonneauCovered.com. I can highly recommend TonneauCovered.com because the first box arrived and all off the staples that hold this heavy duty box together were missing but about two and it appeared that there were a few missing parts. The company promptly sent me a return shipping label and I slapped it on and took it to the UPS Store and TonneauCovered.com ordered me a replacement cover the moment that my return cover was in the pipeline. The turnaround, customer contact/service could not be beat IMHO. Their prices were the best on the net and the tonneau is super nice fitting. I am approaching the ripe age of 73 in a couple of months but had no difficulties installing the cover by myself. I laid out two Harbor Freight moving pads to be able to have a soft place for my knees and when I had to get on my back to check things and it was a relative piece of cake. The instructions were slightly off for my 2022 RL, but I watched a short video by the manufacturer which did have the up-to-date hardware for the Ridgeline install and just took my time and it went quite smoothly. The tri fold tonneau is not so heavy that I can't pick it up by myself even though I have a sort of bum right shoulder after having to have a severed tendon repaired, along with about 3 other procedures to the shoulder about 3 years ago. As a physician buddy of mine opines, my shoulder will never be the same but I do work-arounds and just take an occasional single Aleve when necessary.
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
22 RTL-E
180 Posts
Thanks for all the info, just installed my Lomax Matte today. Went on pretty easy. I like how easy it is to take on and off. I have a shelf in my garage set aside for it when it is off for a few days. I haven't done any additional water proofing assuming the bed will get wet if I drive it in the rain.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Thanks for all the info, just installed my Lomax Matte today. Went on pretty easy. I like how easy it is to take on and off. I have a shelf in my garage set aside for it when it is off for a few days. I haven't done any additional water proofing assuming the bed will get wet if I drive it in the rain.
Yes, easy install. (y) The bed might get a little wet. Last fall I was traveling to 4 -5 different stores in a torrential downpour. Wind blowing sideways. Got home three hours later and checked. Was surprised how little rainwater had accumulated inside. Keep in mind, I did nothing special to seal off those two areas near the front on each bedrail. Unless I was carrying something that absolutely could get wet it was satisfactory for my needs.

Dang! I was just looking at the pic of that truck & cover a reply above yours. Beautiful!!! If I have to say so myself. - LOL :)

Gusto!

·
Registered
22 RTL-E
180 Posts
Yes, easy install. (y) The bed might get a little wet. Last fall I was traveling to 4 -5 different stores in a torrential downpour. Wind blowing sideways. Got home three hours later and checked. Was surprised how little rainwater had accumulated inside. Keep in mind, I did nothing special to seal off those two areas near the front on each bedrail. Unless I was carrying something that absolutely could get wet it was satisfactory for my needs.

Dang! I was just looking at the pic of that truck & cover a reply above yours. Beautiful!!! If I have to say so myself. - LOL :)

Gusto!
I'll claim that picture also since my truck and install is very similar. My shipping box looked much better though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll claim that picture also since my truck and install is very similar. My shipping box looked much better though.
I am looking at the Lomax for my 2021 Ridgeline - hard tri-fold. Does anyone know if the cover, folded up, will lay flat in the bed lengthwise. In otherwords, is the width of the cover less than the length of the box>

·
Registered
125 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but I certainly enjoyed reading it. I actually had a Lowmax Stance ordered (last night) but after seeing how easy it is to remove I think I will go ahead and order just the flat cover without the connectors on my cab. If anybody happens to see this, are you still satisfied with your purchase? I was down between this and the bakflip.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts