Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
17 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but I certainly enjoyed reading it. I actually had a Lowmax Stance ordered (last night) but after seeing how easy it is to remove I think I will go ahead and order just the flat cover without the connectors on my cab. If anybody happens to see this, are you still satisfied with your purchase? I was down between this and the bakflip.
I still love mine. The only issue I've had with it is that 3/4 of the bumper pieces that the two folded sections rest on came off. I contacted Lomax and they sent me a whole new set that I epoxied on. No other issues, no fading, etc. after nearly 3 years.

·
Registered
22 RTL-E
180 Posts
I've been generally happy. There has been 2-3 times in the past year where I would have used The Stand. Mostly for mulch and branches. But it is very easy to take off so its not too impactful. It is extremely easy to open up and take off which IMHO overcomes it's negatives. The partial opening of the trunk is a mild negative. The cover does eat slightly into an already shallow bed which impacted which storage tubs I could buy to use for trips.

·
Registered
2022 Black - Black Edition
41 Posts
@Sparkland - first thing you need to know it’s 8 degrees in my garage. Blizzard going on outside. Glad I could remain in my 4 car garage! (Yes, I’m bragging). Here’s a few pics.

Tri-fold operates easily. You can open or close the cover or the tailgate in any order. Doesn’t matter which one open/close first.
View attachment 421939

In full disclosure, the trunk opens up but stops about 2 inches from being fully opened. The two rails the cover sits on prevents fully opening it. But, not an issue.
View attachment 421940

Finally, you can see when fully open it still rides on the rails for 22 inches.

But here’s the best part. With the model I have (minus the hook to roof model) pull down the release cables, slide cover back a couple of inches and it lifts right off!! Leave at home or take it with as it fits nicely in the bed of the truck.
View attachment 421941

Edit: Where I live along the coast of Maine we could get 20 inches or more of snow before it ends.
View attachment 421942
Gusto!
Can I ask where you got the black carabiner's for yours? The ones they come with are silver. Also, I got the left to right channels filled but I am unsure of how to do the the two that run from front to back touching the Cab. Any recommendations on that by chance?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, received cover and was sent wrong rails. The tails do not have anything milled at the back to go over where the tailgate connects. Called Agricover and they are sending me new new rails. Not too happy right now…

·
Registered
126 Posts
I definitely enjoyed and recommend dealing directly with Agricover. Before I actually ordered mine I called them and spent 20 minutes on the phone with the actual technician that builds the cover. Sorry about your experience with your distributor, but I still think you’re going to like the Lomax.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Starting to wonder what Cover you got, mine came from agricover and they are black.
The carabiners are black, I was just going by what I saw in install vids. Agricover said they sold him that S/N 11/2 and that they must have gotten packaged without the rear side of the rails cut. I also did not have anything to peel to stick rails to the bed. Agricover informed me that when they packaged the covers they ran out of the sticky stuff.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The carabiners are black, I was just going by what I saw in install vids. Agricover said they sold him that S/N 11/2 and that they must have gotten packaged without the rear side of the rails cut. I also did not have anything to peel to stick rails to the bed. Agricover informed me that when they packaged the covers they ran out of the sticky stuff.
Sounds like their quality control could be improved. My hardware was missing the nylon locking nuts needed to secure the rails to the brackets. Hope all goes well from here for you. Happy Thanksgiving

·
Super Moderator
2022 Sonic Gray Pearl RTL-E
8,834 Posts
Sounds like their quality control could be improved. My hardware was missing the nylon locking nuts needed to secure the rails to the brackets. Hope all goes well from here for you. Happy Thanksgiving
They are not alone in their lack of quality control. BAK is probably the leader in that department which is a negative. In their defense, BAK does resolve the problems quickly.

Reactions: IMRIDGELINE

·
Registered
126 Posts
They are not alone in their lack of quality control. BAK is probably the leader in that department which is a negative. In their defense, BAK does resolve the problems quickly.
Originally from North Dakota I hold them (Lomax)to the highest standards! HAHA!

I was only missing a few lock nuts, easy fix, but defective rails are not good. Overall pretty positive review's, nobody can be perfect. I am very satisfied with mine and the one on one conversations they provided for all my questions while purchasing- Happy Thanksgiving all!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Ok - so I received my replacement brackets and they were milled this time which allowed them to fit. One was pretty scratched up which I am disappointed in but I am going to call them and ask them to send me some black touch up paint. I am OCD and couldn't get everything exactly perfect to match on each side and figured it was as good as it was going to get. It seems to seal fine but living in CO I don't get a lot of rain so time will tell if there are issues. I couldn't get everything perfectly flush but tried my best. It locks and closes fine but there is tailgate rub when I close tailgate/open tailgate but I assume that is the seal which is supposed to happen?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Glockwork83, I was looking at a Florida vendor who installs Lomax Tri-Folds and in their video, the top of the tailgate does rub the underside of the Lomax cover just "a tad". Mine when it was installed on my 2022 RTL did the exact same thing. I can help you with your OCD. Just send me your address and I will come over and throw a small pebble at the side of the bed and leave a little "ping" mark and then you won't ever have to worry about the truck getting a ding anymore😜

BTW, the color of truck that you selected is not considered to be a color but more of a "commitment"! A darn good looking one if you were to ask me but you already know that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Glockwork83, I was looking at a Florida vendor who installs Lomax Tri-Folds and in their video, the top of the tailgate does rub the underside of the Lomax cover just "a tad". Mine when it was installed on my 2022 RTL did the exact same thing. I can help you with your OCD. Just send me your address and I will come over and throw a small pebble at the side of the bed and leave a little "ping" mark and then you won't ever have to worry about the truck getting a ding anymore😜

BTW, the color of truck that you selected is not considered to be a color but more of a "commitment"! A darn good looking one if you were to ask me but you already know that.
Thank you as that makes me feel better… yes, I spent 4 hours this weekend, washing, clay barring entire truck, and waxing. We are supposed to get snow tomorrow, fml.

Also just blacked out the back emblems :

Attachments

61 - 79 of 79 Posts