Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...first time poster!

Well, think I've finally decided on a Ridgeline. Can't believe I'm saying that-I'm just not a 'truck' kinda guy!:) But I guess I'm attracted to it because of the versatility-that's what impressed me the most when I first started looking at them-so many options that seem to be well thought out-from the in-bed trunk to how the rear seats fold up.

My current car is a 2002 Mercedes C230 Coupe, and I bought it for the same reasons-lots of versatility for a sports car. I've put the back seats down and hauled 400 lb. of top soil in it, but can still go around a cloverleaf with all four wheels howling and come out of the chute @ over 100 mph (not with the topsoil load of course!). The RL will be a little different in the performance area, but I'll get use to it.

In reading through the threads here, it looks like the RL will be cheaper to modify than my MB. :) We have such a hard time getting performance parts for the Coupe because it's such a low-production car-and now discontinued in the US. There isn't a whole lot on my car that I haven't modded-Brembo brakes, upgraded sways, custom leather, etc., except for the engine. If anyone ever wants to know what happens when you replace a dampered crank pulley with a larger, undampered crank pulley, just let me know-I can show you what it costs to extract a woodruff key from your timing chains. :) But it was fast for a few days...

Anyway...

Just trying to get all the numbers together for my trade and purchase-there has been a lot of good info on here on dealer costs and such. Being in sales myself, I'm not trying to steal it, but I'm not going to leave too much on the table either. Oh, and I think I've decided on the Olive RTL base. The only dealer option I'm looking at is the bed cover-I've seen the roll up ones on here but I still think I like the OEM one the best. Probably a couple other little things like the Z-Mats (probably should order them now!) and some carpet floormats (probably from LLoyd's vs. the OEM).

So thanks to everyone for all the information on here-I found the MB forums after I bought it (1400+ posts on two forums now), so this is my first time buying a vehicle where I know more about it than the dealer. :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Hey ScottIN. You may want to reconsider about ordering the Z mat. Check out this thread yet? http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1899
Hey Tex, what's the problem with the Z mat? Because they're slow to ship? I think maybe people have forgotten what it's like to have things made to order -- they ain't no Walmart, you know. ;)

Personally, the fact that it might be a month before the mats arrive would give me incentive to order them *before* buying my truck (provided that I was sure I would be buying it).

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tex's Ridge said:
Hey ScottIN. You may want to reconsider about ordering the Z mat. Check out this thread yet? http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1899
Yeah, I've followed that. I'll just have to order 3 weeks before I get the truck. :) I guess being in the custom product business myself, 3 weeks doesn't bother me. Still like it the best (despite the cost, apparently poor customer service and production time).

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
flymuck said:
Hey Tex, what's the problem with the Z mat? Because they're slow to ship? I think maybe people have forgotten what it's like to have things made to order -- they ain't no Walmart, you know. ;)

Personally, the fact that it might be a month before the mats arrive would give me incentive to order them *before* buying my truck (provided that I was sure I would be buying it).
I am not implying anything wrong with quality or time frame. They should be responding to inquiries at the least. Here's a quote from the thread.

"At least I can take comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one waiting for their bed liner. These guys send me an e-mail asking for an endorsement right after taking my money and have yet to deliver any product! On top of that they don't answer your e-mail inquiries about your order. I've been waiting for almost three weeks now."

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Welcome to the boards scottIN. You will definitely enjoy your new Ridgeline.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcomes...

...and sorry, didn't see the sticky at the top. ;)

So far, I've only seen one Ridgeline in my town (pop. 18,000). We are (formerly) a Chrysler town, so you don't see a lot of imports.

·
Registered
62 Posts
yeh! I've been laying low..........checking all the sites for ridgelines.......decided this one is the most helpfull and friendly!! have had my RL since March. have not have any of the problems on this forum. thank god! wish everyone lots of luck.:) including luck with the power ball!! 340big bucks!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts