Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Name is Greg and live in Georgia. I have driven Tacomas since I was 19 and am almost 40. Love them, but decided after 4 of them to sell my 2018 Tacoma. I just didnt think it was a $40,000 truck. To me it felt like a Tacoma with updated looks and electronics. Made me regret selling my 08 that had 200k miles. Plus we haven't had car debt as a family in a long time, so those $400 a month payments annoyed me.

Anyways, I wanted to find a mid size truck that was used, low miles 4x4 and as reliable as Tacomas. Chevy, Ford and GMC were not considered, so I looked at Nissan and Honda and the Honda beat Nissan hands down. I gotta say, I wish I would have looked at Ridgelines years ago. It is so much roomier that the Taco, smoother, handier and the backseat is actually usable for actual adults to sit in.

I am incredibly impressed with my new to me 2012 Ridgeline Sport with 53,000 miles. It was a local one owner in absolutely perfect condition inside and out. I love it!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,557 Posts
Congrats on your, "New to you, G1"

Welcome to the ROC,

Good Luck and Enjoy the Ride

·
Registered
317 Posts
I traded my ‘19 Taco in. Nice fun truck, but not a great DD, especially with a manual.

The RL is another level of refinement in styling and ride compared to the Taco. If all people planning on a Tacoma would test drive a RL, I bet 30-50% of them would choose a RL.

Waiting to try it out for towing a light camper. I imagine it will do at least as good at the Tacoma, which was not great IMO.

·
Registered
317 Posts
You have to change your username though...maybe Guitars&Ridgies??

How many guitars you got btw? I’m going on 12 or so...will have to count.

I just ordered Gibson and Fender window stickers for my truck. I have a Gibson ES175 and ES135, and a Fender Telecaster and SCXD.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
3 Posts
Congrats! I too just traded in my 2015 Tacoma for a 2018 Ridgeline for all the same reasons. The Ridgeline walks all over the Tacoma in so many areas. I loved my Tacoma but it was way too many sacrifices for off road ruggedness I was never gonna use. I love the roominess, comfort, smooth ride, fuel efficiency and storage conveniences of my Ridgeline along with the long term dependability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts