Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,306 Posts
Well said. Now let's all calm down and get ready for Christmas, only a week away.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
Webwader said:
Isn't it ironic that someone tries to promote a thing that they love with the very best of intentions, and it backfires on them for some petty reason?
total agreement Webwader! Hyundai and Honda sound similar. Sound is the extent of it. I recently read where Mariah Carey is sueing Mary Carey (a pornstar) because their names "sound" similar. What is the world coming to?

whatever..........i'm done now........no sense in continuing fighting a worthless and endless battle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,317 Posts
T-Mac,

you and the other mods do a great, and many times thankless job, folks who want to blow this issue out of proportion are pounding sand.

Keep up the good work, and stand your ground..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
Why is it ok with everyone for CDC to do this but it isn't ok with Tom protecting his property and protecting his site?
It is not ok with everyone. Though I don't know the whole story I think I understand issues on both sides. I have no problem with T-mac protecting his investment. I had no personal connection to LadyRidge and her leaving is her choice. I did not know her well, other than the threads here.

I read all about the Rick Case Boycott and see a pattern that seems to be part of the problem. LR seems to put her heart way out there and has given a lot of herself to an online community. To my knowledge this is the second time that letting her heart lead her has caused some her problems. I would believe based on what I have seen that if she wasn't as invested emotionally this would not have been an issue. She seems to be a reasonable, loving and caring person and to my knowledge has not bad mouthed t-mac. I think the rest of us should learn from that.

LR has chosen to no longer be a part of this particular community. That is her choice, as is your choice to stay or go. Whichever you decide, use LR's example of being courteous and understanding to all.
Whether you agree or disagree with T-mac protecting "his" rights is not at issue, since they are "his" to protect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
Kepeli said:
Look deeper into the situation. T-Mac has an agreement with that company over the logo. How can he possibly let another company sell that logo let alone on his site???? If he allowed this to continue then he opens himself up for a lawsuit. He has a business to protect and did a fine job protecting it.
I don't argue that... but the fact is, she pulled the copied logo from her site when requested. She then created a knock-off... THAT happens ALL the time in business.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
fredridge said:
It is not ok with everyone. Though I don't know the whole story I think I understand issues on both sides. I have no problem with T-mac protecting his investment. I had no personal connection to LadyRidge and her leaving is her choice. I did not know her well, other than the threads here.

I read all about the Rick Case Boycott and see a pattern that seems to be part of the problem. LR seems to put her heart way out there and has given a lot of herself to an online community. To my knowledge this is the second time that letting her heart lead her has caused some her problems. I would believe based on what I have seen that if she wasn't as invested emotionally this would not have been an issue. She seems to be a reasonable, loving and caring person and to my knowledge has not bad mouthed t-mac. I think the rest of us should learn from that.

LR has chosen to no longer be a part of this particular community. That is her choice, as is your choice to stay or go. Whichever you decide, use LR's example of being courteous and understanding to all.
Whether you agree or disagree with T-mac protecting "his" rights is not at issue, since they are "his" to protect.
In my opinion, this is just about the best response I've seen to this whole issue. I came on line to offer my opinion, but can't say it any better than this.

Kudos to fredridge for being the "rational voice of reason" on this issue.

JB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Perkolater said:
I don't argue that... but the fact is, she pulled the copied logo from her site when requested. She then created a knock-off... THAT happens ALL the time in business.
I don't argue with that either. She decided to leave ROC, she wasn't chased off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
Taking all circumstances and looking at them from different angles you get different views.

The ROC is still a great site for the Honda Ridgeline reguardless. No one can change that. T-Mac has done a fantastic job. Moderation of the site is also unmatched. There are 2 sides to a story and its hard to get both from a message board. I am guilty of prejudging sometimes. 99% of the people here are truely fantasic and want to do what is right. I hope the ROC prospers for a long time.

It's my fault "ass-u-ming" prematurely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
Kepeli said:
I don't argue with that either. She decided to leave ROC, she wasn't chased off.
Given how quickly Tom went to the if you don't like it, leave comment along with his other cryptic/veiled comments I can only imagine how he handled this situation.

Oh well, it is his site to run as he sees fit.... no arguing that point.

But like I said, if you think the SITE itself is what makes the ROC what it is, you are mistaken IMO. The people here (ALL of us) are what makes this place what it is. Chase (or whatever you want to call it) enough of those people away and the ROC is no longer what it was.

Oh well, lets see where we go from here.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
1,429 Posts
bigred1 said:
Taking all circumstances and looking at them from different angles you get different views.

The ROC is still a great site for the Honda Ridgeline reguardless. No one can change that. T-Mac has done a fantastic job. Moderation of the site is also unmatched. There are 2 sides to a story and its hard to get both from a message board. I am guilty of prejudging sometimes. 99% of the people here are truely fantasic and want to do what is right. I hope the ROC prospers for a long time.

It's my fault "ass-u-ming" prematurely.
We appreciate you taking the time to rethink what you had originally written/thought. That's all we've asked of everyone.

We've honestly tried to remain silent and hoped things would blow over, but some things needed to be said and some things needed to be answered. Hopefully everything can be put to rest.

Let's all enjoy the Holidays and New Years and be safe. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Perkolater said:
Given how quickly Tom went to the if you don't like it, leave comment along with his other cryptic/veiled comments I can only imagine how he handled this situation.
After all tis finger pointing like it was his fault she is gone, I don't blame him for being frustrated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
616 Posts
Kepeli said:
After all tis finger pointing like it was his fault she is gone, I don't blame him for being frustrated.
Fair enough.

I've said all I can say on this topic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,306 Posts
fredridge said:
It is not ok with everyone. Though I don't know the whole story I think I understand issues on both sides. I have no problem with T-mac protecting his investment. I had no personal connection to LadyRidge and her leaving is her choice. I did not know her well, other than the threads here.

I read all about the Rick Case Boycott and see a pattern that seems to be part of the problem. LR seems to put her heart way out there and has given a lot of herself to an online community. To my knowledge this is the second time that letting her heart lead her has caused some her problems. I would believe based on what I have seen that if she wasn't as invested emotionally this would not have been an issue. She seems to be a reasonable, loving and caring person and to my knowledge has not bad mouthed t-mac. I think the rest of us should learn from that.

LR has chosen to no longer be a part of this particular community. That is her choice, as is your choice to stay or go. Whichever you decide, use LR's example of being courteous and understanding to all.
Whether you agree or disagree with T-mac protecting "his" rights is not at issue, since they are "his" to protect.
This may be the most sensible post yet. I enjoyed LR and her post, I think T-Mac does a great job with this site. Since she left on her on and a few followed, let it be. The ROC is a great site, let us all support it and hope that the few that strayed come home. Merry Christmas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
5S Dude said:
Don't be confused dsowell, Just ask!

Tom (T-Mac) has provisionally given the go ahead and allowed us to utilize this portion of the ROC logo until he can finish the work on a page designed to promote our billet door sills and the two new products we are currently working on. Presently, we pay a fee per each sale to Siteworthy Inc. This is to be allowed to continue making these products available to our members. Be on the look out for our new promo page coming soon! And thank you for your concern.

Cindy & I send our best wishes for a joyous Holiday Season to you and yours.

Ron (5S Dude)
Cool, because I may want one in the near future. :D

Are we done beating this poor dead horse?
I'm sad LadyRidge is gone, but life goes on.
This forum and it's people are fun and that is what it should be about. Having fun yakin about our trucks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
T Mac said:
I'm not a bad, unfair guy. The ROC is not a bad place. This is not personal vs. LadyRidge. Ron (5S Dude) makes door sills. She does not. I have an arrangement with him as he noted in this thread. And yes, I edited the post a bit because my arrangement with him should be between us - just like any business agreement. By the way, any harassment or ill will toward Ron is nuts. He has a great product, has always asked before doing anything and has done nothing wrong.
I didn't mean any ill will toward Ron. Ron and his wife are good people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
I have not been a member here long, but I have greatly enjoyed posts from dozens of people who I have not met, yet feel that I know just a little. I don't think anyone cares to question the character of members who have posted here thousands of times, as those people that I have read posts from seem to be upstanding individuals of great character and class, in my estimation.

I think we need to pause a moment and think how we are affected by this. Of course we are somewhat emotionally tied to this site and group of people at varying levels, but this matter only affects 2 or 3 parties, in a real and substantial way. Our "feelings" and reactions to this are secondary to the actual matter.

I would expect most people to act in a way that protects his/her interests--be it financial, emotional, personal, et al. I think the parties are doing that here. What kind of challenge would all of our personal, emotional, and financial decisions stand up to? Could we stand and face the scrutiny of thousands of on-lookers? That is the situation here.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas, and a safe and happy New Year!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
625 Posts
Perkolater said:
Happens all the time.

As for the love of this site.... this site is only as good as the people who make it work, one of the most helpful people here has been chased off, so in my opinion the site has been diminished. When enough of us take Tom's advice to use Google to find somewhere else to go, the people who made this site what it is/was will have moved as well.
LR was really nice...as were I'm sure the handful of people who "left" with her...with over 7000 members...I sincerely doubt the loss of these few will influence the rest of the thousands to go as well.

Sorry to break it to you, but these few people who left were simply members of the site...just as we all are...they are not the site in and of themselves. I recognize that LR represents something a little more than the "average" member due to her more than "average" presence.

There are still a lot of people here who will continue to be helpful, will continue to make this site work and help to make this site grow because of the contributions they bring.

Happy Holidays all!
 
81 - 100 of 103 Posts
Top