Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!

Hoping to be a part of the club soon, I'm in the midwest rust belt and RL's here are all rusted around the rockers and some with the frame (and still want $10K!). My Pilot suffered the rusted body mounting points above the rear sub-frame, rendering the entire car junk. Don't want that to happen so I've been looking out of state. Not very many in the south and southwest, but I did find one in excellent condition in CT. I'm wondering how decent this underbody is for the NE. To me from the midwest it looks pristine.
Tire Aircraft Automotive tire Aviation Road surface

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

Plant Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check out this southern truck, never seen a lick of salt. I'd say the CT one is really decent given that it's in a salty state. It's $2k more than the one in CT but honestly the body of this southern truck is unbeatable. Now debating on them both. But this one really takes the cake, I'm literally in awe of this, never seen one so clean here in the rust belt.
Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Tire Automotive exterior

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wow, I think it looks terrific - especially compared to several I've looked at here in the NE US. I'm in a state that salts the winter roads. Recently traveled several hours each way to view & drive an '06 w/83K. Whatever undercoating had been applied years ago had worn off, and the seam joining the rocker panel with the floor edge had gotten infested with corrosion, and started to grow. From my experience, once it goes this far, there's no amount of wire brushing, sand- or bead blasting, rust inhibitor, paint or undercoating that will turn this around - and the latter will most likely lock the bad stuff in. I passed on it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts