Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the "problems" section then saw this area so i thought maybe it belonged here more. If the Mods need to delete the other i understand.

Hello everyone. Ive been in the market for a replacement vehicle to my 2001 tundra 4.7 4x4. Since buying that truck gas prices have increased and i have started a family. The RL is high on my list because it gets a little better gas mileage than my tundra (13mpg), its a Honda, its 4x4 (AWD according to some)and its a quad cab truck. I just need to know what to expect in terms of problems with this truck. The ones im looking for are going to be out of the manufacturer warranty range so any issues will be mine to deal with. Ive seen a few things while researching about an engine block problem with the 2006 (maybe 2007 and 2008) models. can i get some clear advice on what to look for on these trucks and what years would be best to look at. My tundra was a 1 owner truck with 50000 miles that i got for 13000 about 4 years ago. Im looking for a comparable upgrade and trying to stay under 18000 if possible. Ive seen some lower mile RL's out there the fit the description of what im looking for but alot of the time they are 2006-2008 models and now im a little scared based on what ive read. Any help is much appreciated guys.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My 2008 has an easy 29,500 miles and I have had no problems and really don't expect any. I've got an 06 Pilot with 140k and it still feels like new. My RL is at 80% on the last oil change. I just checked it and it is full to the top. I use Mobile 1 5w20. My battery is original and has never sounded weak but I may replace anyway after 4 trouble free years. I still love the utility and there is nothing on the road that suits me any better for a daily driver but I do catch myself looking at Ford F150s from time to time in traffic. Not bad but I haven't been in a new car showroom since buying the RL in summer of 08.

I get 20-21 mpg on the road but usually avg 15-16 as much of my driving is mixed. On pure city stop and go I've gotten a little as 13mpg. Southern Indiana gets some bad weather and that is where the RL shines. You just go.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
The vast majority of owners have had no problems. In the time I've had mine, I've spent maybe $85 on stuff that actually broke.

Don't expect fabulous gas mileage out of the Ridgeline. It's a half-ton pickup, and you will get half-ton class gas mileage. Check the Fuelly.com stats.

Chip H.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.