Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I've done a lot of reading on the forum and I see that the Boss amp is a popular choice for those of us that want to keep the OEM sub but change the head unit. I am not an audiophile by any means, so the stock speakers and subwoofer is fine to my uncultured ears.

However, while looking for reviews on the Boss amp outside of the forum I found a recurring issue in reviews, the amp smokes and burns up without ever tripping the fuse. I don't want to have to redo any work once I am done with something, I really like low maintenance and stable (that's why I bought a Honda!).

Can anyone recommend an amp in a similar form factor/size that is a name brand?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's funny, I looked at both of your threads already and they were precisely why I decided to have my local stereo install company do it for me!

thebigtnn - I really liked the way your amp was beside the radio. That is why I really wanted the small form factor. But that taking the dash apart and exposing all the wiring makes me anxious.

2008RTS - I read your thread as well, your pictures of the door aren't too bad. I could probably handle the speaker change when it comes time for that.

Thanks for chiming in guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts