Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings - newcomer here sent by the guys at honda-tech.com -

After much research, it seems the Ridgeline is for me.
After months of searching online listings, trying to find the right one, it seems like all the decent-looking ones either get snatched up by savvy shoppers, or end up having issues.

It took me until today to realize I could probably find a very well taken-care-of RL on THIS site, from someone looking to send their RL onto the next caring owner.

SO! --- Since the 2017's are coming out this Fall, does anyone have a Ridgeline they might be willing to part-with?

Unfortunately, I can't spend much since I've got several mouths to feed (one of the reasons I want the RL - can fit 3 carseats in the backseat!).

The model year doesn't make much difference to me (unless there's something I SHOULD be concerned about that I hadn't yet read!) - really just the price, mileage, and service records are the top items.

If I could find one that's been babied with less than 100k miles, I'd be interested in seeing what you're asking.

I'm in Southeast Tennessee

Thanks so much for reading my post - cheers!

·
Registered
34 Posts
GL on your search! I ended up finding an 07 at a local dealership that was very well cared for. Looks like new inside and out. It was an auction car. The Motor failed for some reason though with 124k on the clock, which seems quite rare, not sure what happened (carfax showed maintenance records up until then). They swapped a new motor w 70k on it. Looks and runs great. Now I don't get to drive it though, by choice, in a rental car. :( It will be worth the wait, but super annoying. Good luck with the hunt. Hopefully you wont have to wait long to drive it if you have a successful search!

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
I'd suggest visiting every Honda dealership you can and leave them with your contact information and tell them what you are looking for. It's a long shot, but they may get one in trade and give you a call. :)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Since you are just over the hill from me, I Googled up a few for you. 3 at Murfreesboro Honda and 2 at Jerry Damson in Huntsville.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Since you are just over the hill from me, I Googled up a few for you. 3 at Murfreesboro Honda and 2 at Jerry Damson in Huntsville.
Googled Auto Trader within 100 miles of my zip and got 46 hits. Most late models and expensive. More out there than I thought, lots of high milage also.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,586 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
In about a month or so, I'll be considering selling my low mileage 2008 RTL. 54K on it today, clean Carfax with no accidents, ever. Got a few things I need a truck for that I need to do, but then would sell for the right offer. Only maintenance it needs is the freaking airbag recall when they get the parts. Not too far away, I'm in Atlanta.

Not sure when you were looking at pulling the trigger, you might be out of the market by then.

IM me if you want to discuss.

Reactions: scubacamper

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think giving your info to dealers is a great idea. Noticed quite a few folks considering trading up on the RL because of the recall and or because the new 2017 being available this weekend. Might not be that much of a long shot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I actually bought mine used from a Chevrolet dealer. They had no clue about the truck, it was a trade in. The look on their face when I opened the "trunk" was priceless. They had no idea it had a trunk. I bought mine in Knoxville (I'm in Oak Ridge). Check your dealerships, and not just Honda. Not selling mine anytime soon as I plan on driving it until it dies.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have been looking for a couple months now trying to get a RL. Most of the ones I want are out of my price range and cant get any dealer to come down much in price. I sold my F-150 and still having trouble buying something even without a trade. And with the airbag recall, the majority of the Honda dealers will not sell a RL until the recall is fixed. I found one that I like 3 hrs away from me, put down a deposit, but I'm just waiting for the dealer to call and say the recall is fixed.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you gents (and ladies where applicable) for all your input!

A couple of you mentioned dealerships: Yes, I've got my name at one or two of my locals here

Searches: I've got email notifications from cargurus website but it's so hit-or-miss with that and I feel like I really don't know what I'm getting. I'd really hate to drive 500+ miles for the right truck, only to get there and have it be a bucket of bolts - which is why I thought one of y'all would be a great person to buy from - someone who's really taken care of it, with a record of reputation to support the claims. :) It's not 100%, but it's pretty close to it.

A couple of y'all have mentioned wanting to move up to the RL - what's the significance of that, if you don't mind?

oh. RL = Ridgeline - duh. I thought it was a model type like RT, RTL, etc...

NEVERMIND!:act060:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still haven't found the right RL yet - anyone looking to sell theirs?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Scubacamper,

Sorry you're having a tough time finding a RL. Last February I decided that a G1 RL was what I wanted to replace my aging 2000 Dodge Dakota. I started looking for '12-'14 RTL using about 5 different auto search engines and checking them almost daily. In May I found one that was almost exactly what I was looking for that a local dealer had bought at an auction. I went to inspect it, but they would not let me start or drive it until the airbag recall had been taken care of. They called in July, I checked it out and drove it home that day. I've been very happy with it since then.

I guess what I'm saying is be patient and be diligent. My wife and I took a road trip to your neck of the woods and Kentucky in June, I remember thinking that there were many more RL's for sale by you than in my area.

Good luck.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE: I'm happy and excited to report I'm the proud new owner of a Black 2006 RTS!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's funny, I've never been "in love with my car" (so sings Freddy Mercury), but I am very much enjoying every moment in it - can't wait to leave work to get back in it :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So one year this month - still love the g1 ridgeline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts