Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I was being slick by going around wiring the brake light for my cap via the existing light by the roof and going straight to the driver side brake light. It worked for a few seconds and thenright when I was about to close up all of the brake lights stopped working. I'm assuming I blew a fuse, but I cannot seem to be able to figure out which fuse it would be. The funny thing is that the parking light still works and the signal. It's just that nothing happens when we step on the brakes. Any ideas? What might be the easiest way to wire the light on the cap?

·
Registered
281 Posts
There are 3 fuse boxes, one inside by left kick panel and two under the hood, one on the right and one on the left fender well

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for writing back KTMRICK. I have found the fuse boxes, but there is no fuse name that makes it obvious that it is for the brakes. Do you have any idea which fuse it is?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excuse the insanity of posting the same sentence so many times, but it took me exactly two hours to find this answer and i want it easier for the next person to find this answer in a post.

The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!! The horn fuse is the brakelight fuse on the honda ridgeline!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Chuck. This forum is awesome. You answered me right after I found it and posted in 100 times.

Here is an awesome story of how I blew the fuse. I needed a cap for a long trip I am taking. I told my wife I bet I could find a used one for $500. I went on Craigslist and fould one in five minutes. I went to get it but the roof rack prevented me from getting it on at first. But after an hour drive I was determined. So I took the roof rack apart and then used a Dremel tool to reshape the rack clamps so that both could fit. Two hours later I was on the road happy. The only thing left was to wire the brake lights. I was on a high from using my MacGyver skills on the rack so I thought I could do anything. Wrong!!! Within five minutes, the fuse was blown and the truck was stuck in park. But now I'm free. Hallelujah! I'd be stuck if it wasn't for this forum.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,588 Posts
Somewhere around page 296 of the OM you should find the fuse list and locations.

The FSM is a bit more expansive:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks speedlever. This is the best diagram for the fuse assembly I've seen. In my OM it just says HORN/STOP. Since I was looking for the word BRAKE, I didn't notice it. This would have been awesome to have. I googled it everywhere and never saw a chart like this. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks Chuck. This forum is awesome. You answered me right after I found it and posted in 100 times.

Here is an awesome story of how I blew the fuse. I needed a cap for a long trip I am taking. I told my wife I bet I could find a used one for $500. I went on Craigslist and fould one in five minutes. I went to get it but the roof rack prevented me from getting it on at first. But after an hour drive I was determined. So I took the roof rack apart and then used a Dremel tool to reshape the rack clamps so that both could fit. Two hours later I was on the road happy. The only thing left was to wire the brake lights. I was on a high from using my MacGyver skills on the rack so I thought I could do anything. Wrong!!! Within five minutes, the fuse was blown and the truck was stuck in park. But now I'm free. Hallelujah! I'd be stuck if it wasn't for this forum.
I had my trucks hail damage get repaired. I know that the roof rack was removed during the process. I look at all refuses and none of them were blown. Does anyone think that while the hail damage was being repaired that the wires for the braking system were damage?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts