Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love living in the State of AZ, especially as a gun enthusiast. That being said, I was looking for some ideas on ways to mount a proper holster for easy access in the Ridgeline. There was a post going some time ago but I didn't like any of the methods I saw. My Toyota Camry I traded had a slot on the left side of the passenger seat that made a perfect holster, but I can't find a similar spot in the Ridgeline. I use the middle console for now but would like to see other options, so, if anyone has one, or a good idea, please post.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I keep my holster wedged in-between the seat and the center console armrest. Not the best place, but I can have my hand on it in less than a second. Anything over a couple of seconds, in my opinion, is useless. I make certain it hasn't slipped every time I enter the RL, and I keep a rag over the gun and the holster so its not in plain view. I haven't really seen any other locations where the pistol is in easy reach or any commercially-available option.

·
Premium Member
8,121 Posts
What about mounting a holster in the door pocket? Or mounting one in the slide out portion of the center console? Or, just wear a shirt that has the concealed holster for a pistol behind on of the breast pockets?

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Law-Enforcement/Shirts/Tactical-Shirts/511-Tactical-Shirt-Long-Sleeve-Nylon/D/30100/P/1:100:10000:10200:10201/I/72158

Storage
Stash airline tickets, maps, your cell phone or a small backup in 5.11’s patented hidden document pockets located on the front chest of the 5.11 Tactical Shirts. Discreetly designed with a Velcro™ closure and one-handed access, the strong, roomy pockets work in tandem with 5.11’s Undergear™ Holster Shirts. Overlaying the hidden document pockets are large, pleated patch pockets finished with Velcro™. The left pocket incorporates a dual pass-through slot for pens, chem-lights and tire gauges. Two narrow pen pockets are placed on the left sleeve, for six pockets in all.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I love living in the State of AZ, especially as a gun enthusiast. That being said, I was looking for some ideas on ways to mount a proper holster for easy access in the Ridgeline. There was a post going some time ago but I didn't like any of the methods I saw. My Toyota Camry I traded had a slot on the left side of the passenger seat that made a perfect holster, but I can't find a similar spot in the Ridgeline. I use the middle console for now but would like to see other options, so, if anyone has one, or a good idea, please post.

Clyde
Hey Clyde - FYI, I'm taking a class over at Ben Avery in N. Phx on Nov 8th that will allow me to get a Utah CCW permit. Even though my AZ CCW doesn't expire till 2011, the Utah permit is good in 31 states including our surrounding states (with the exception of California) - Nevada, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico are all covered. The special $59 dollar deal is good only for November and December, normally it's 100 bucks. This doesn't include the $63 or so that actually goes to Utah for the permit. Let me know if you want more information on it.

I keep my 38 special stub nose between the drivers seat and the center console. But my gun is pretty small. What type of gun are you trying to stash?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Interesting thread, where are lefty's putting their weapons? Here in NE we passed the CCW two years ago. I need to get my CCW along with the Utah endorsement, however we're so restrictive here it's difficult to know where you can even leave your vehicle with your weapon in it...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mount a cheap, universl fit ballistic nylon holster under the front drivers seat with tie wraps, whatever, with the butt facing forward.

Riz

·
Registered
435 Posts
I like this one. Hit it behind the leg but it is right there when needed.

I have a holster with a clip in in and I leave the center console open and clip it over a divider so it stands straight up. I reach in and come out ready to go if need be. Awhile back I thought there was a tread about a looking storage unit for the center console I not sure if it was ever made though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I usually put my G-19 in the center console, you know,, the one that slides open with the drink holders in it. Anyways, I stash the Glock in there and leave it about 1/4 of the way open. On a side note, I mounted a Mossberg lock box in the trunk and always have my Mossberg 500 locked and loaded, Just in case, One never knows now a days!, Be Safe, Dave

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I've placed rubber pads in the bottom storage of my console. Using the dividers from Honda, I put my Taurus 27/7 45 barrel down between the divders in a belt clip holster, which is held in place by the divdiers, with the grip facing the passenger side. I also have two spare clips in a velcro holster, which helps hold up the gun in a position that allows my right hand to drop down grap the grips and pick up the gun. To access the pistol, slide the console forward and the gun's right there.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've placed rubber pads in the bottom storage of my console. Using the dividers from Honda, I put my Taurus 27/7 45 barrel down between the divders in a belt clip holster, which is held in place by the divdiers, with the grip facing the passenger side. I also have two spare clips in a velcro holster, which helps hold up the gun in a position that allows my right hand to drop down grap the grips and pick up the gun. To access the pistol, slide the console forward and the gun's right there.
Sounds like what I do. It works well. I put mine in grip drivers side so if I have to draw left I still can quickly. :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Many years ago at the SoF convention in Vegas I bought 'The Wedge' and mounted it in my F350. It is basically a steel "U" shaped bracket with thick rubber on the inside. You mount it upside down under the dash and the pistol just 'wedges' in. Fits my Sig P225 just peachy, and the gun has never fallen out (even on rough trails). I'll see if I can dig up a picture or a link.

A friend of mine also bought one and mounted it in his ranger, again under the dash, but parallel to the floor. His P226 has been under there for years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Clyde - FYI, I'm taking a class over at Ben Avery in N. Phx on Nov 8th that will allow me to get a Utah CCW permit. Even though my AZ CCW doesn't expire till 2011, the Utah permit is good in 31 states including our surrounding states (with the exception of California) - Nevada, Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico are all covered. The special $59 dollar deal is good only for November and December, normally it's 100 bucks. This doesn't include the $63 or so that actually goes to Utah for the permit. Let me know if you want more information on it.

I keep my 38 special stub nose between the drivers seat and the center console. But my gun is pretty small. What type of gun are you trying to stash?
Yep, taking my Utah CCW on the 1st of Nov. with Black Wolf, can't wait to be able to carry in Nevada legally concealed.

I looked at some of the other holster ideas on GunBroker and the seat holster from Desantis, they're not doing it for me. I'll keep looking or come up with an idea that fits me, but please, keep the ideas coming.

Clyde

·
Registered
435 Posts
A buddy on mine said this to me today and thought it was fitting

"I carry a gun 'cause a cop is too heavy."

LMAO

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have made a holster for my SW99 out of little storage compartment below the radio, i had to mod the dash by about 1/3 inch to slide the stage 2 holster in and then just molded and repainted everything black, i will have pics up soon

·
Registered
206 Posts
I mounted a belt slide type holster to the front of the sliding console.
I put my Kahr K9 in it and either put a ball cap over it or a rag.
Access in a second or less.
WOODCO...Vinnie:D

·
Registered
435 Posts
I mounted a belt slide type holster to the front of the sliding console.
I put my Kahr K9 in it and either put a ball cap over it or a rag.
Access in a second or less.
WOODCO...Vinnie:D
Interesting thougt. I am still working on some ideas... I would like to someone use that lower cubby in front of the center console.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
On normal trips, I opt to just leave it tucked inside my side pant attached to my belt. (yes I'm still talking about my 38 snub nose):D

For extended trips (over a couple of hours), I've been placing it in the drivers side door panel.

Hey Smokin? Have you received your Utah CCW yet. I mailed mine in the day after our class. Utah received it on Nov 16th. I called them last week and they are saying I should have my permit 60 days from the day they received the application.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts